General i ABSOLUTLEY HATE MY PUNTO

Currently reading:
General i ABSOLUTLEY HATE MY PUNTO

faster4_tec said:
higher end mk2's get a nice dash and a steering wheel that doesn't look like its come from toys r us?

oh yeah thats true, my opinons are based purely on my girlfriend's sporting, i haven't played with the lower range models. but bottom of the range anything is always crap.

Your actually all wrong :p

These exact symptoms are due to the secondary temperature control sensor that feeds teh ECU information for correct fueling due to temperature, to prevent wht older cars sufferd from from cold, fuel would freeze teh needle at lower rpm's and to prevent fuel starvation the inlet manifold needs feed a little extra fuel at a little extra pressure at higher temps to stop it from evaporating in the inlets and creating a pressure barrier. So, when the engine is cold the anti stall in the ECU just overfuels to fu*k as the sensro is giving a false reading.

I may stil be wrong but ive replaced 3 of these on puntos now :eek: Only other thing that went wrong and gave similar issues was the accelerator peddle, as its electronic and a little water of your feet just makes some of the prongs rust and stop contacting

Jordan

Back