General 310 kilometers Punto, should I buy it ?

Currently reading:
General 310 kilometers Punto, should I buy it ?

kakashi7593

I am looking at one very good condition Fiat Punto mk2, year 2002, engine 1.2 8v.
Exterior and interior look flawless, no joke, flawless.
No rust, even has rust protection applied to sills.

However, only issue is, car has 310,000 kilometers on the odometer.

So here I am, thinking do I buy it or not ?
Visually car is good, but then, how long can I expect it to go on as it has so much mileage ?

Also, any tests I should be looking to perform on the car before buying it, something I should inspect ?

What would you do ?

I am looking at one very good condition Fiat Punto mk2, year 2002, engine 1.2 8v.
Exterior and interior look flawless, no joke, flawless.
No rust, even has rust protection applied to sills.

However, only issue is, car has 310,000 kilometers on the odometer.

So here I am, thinking do I buy it or not ?
Visually car is good, but then, how long can I expect it to go on as it has so much mileage ?

Also, any tests I should be looking to perform on the car before buying it, something I should inspect ?

What would you do ?
a car with that many kilometers is going to have some rust on it. So i am wondering why you cannot see it. Is the rust covered up by the rust protection?? But I suppose the car is extremely cheap. You have to consider however that a car is a luxury item. You will have to spend money on it.

1000 euros,
seems to be,
honestly no idea how can I check oil consumption with one inspection,
have not checked gearbox as I don't know how exactly other than compression test which I plan to do after I inspect it myself with my own knowledge and after that its phase 2 of inspection, which is taking it to a mechanic so they can inspect it for problems as well as do a diagnostics check with more expensive device

Don't buy it. It's an old car and its electronics could fail anytime now. Don't judge the book by its cover. I'd not even consider buying a car which had over 200k km on clock. Expect problems.

1000 euros,
seems to be,
honestly no idea how can I check oil consumption with one inspection,
have not checked gearbox as I don't know how exactly other than compression test which I plan to do after I inspect it myself with my own knowledge and after that its phase 2 of inspection, which is taking it to a mechanic so they can inspect it for problems as well as do a diagnostics check with more expensive device
A compression test will show enough to have an idea of the engine condition.You may ask the seller if any oil addition was needed.
Gearbox issues ,eg bearing failure, is something an experienced mechanic can detect.
Of cource , you have to consider that 4 tyres(if needed) cost about 250€. You have to spent some to have a reliable car. What you have to avoid is to load the parts cannon 😕

Back