Technical How to reset service interval on Fiat Bravo 1.6 multijet 2008

Currently reading:
Technical How to reset service interval on Fiat Bravo 1.6 multijet 2008

Kirild

Hello forum. Happy new year,

I just changed my engine oil. I want to reset my service interval because I have heard that it is good for the DPF regenerations. I tried some methods with holding the acceleration pedal and pushing the brake and so on but the service interval is not reset. What I want to point is that when I go to the service menu it is standing at 0km and no error messages are displayed on the dashboard. Some friends told me that the previous owners probably have set the car with software to never show "change engine oil error" and to avoid resetting the service interval every time. The car service is standing at 0km since I have bought it and despite it, It is starting DPF regenerations. Is this something that I should be concerned about or just to drive the car like that? Thanks in advance!

Hello forum. Happy new year,

I just changed my engine oil. I want to reset my service interval because I have heard that it is good for the DPF regenerations. I tried some methods with holding the acceleration pedal and pushing the brake and so on but the service interval is not reset. What I want to point is that when I go to the service menu it is standing at 0km and no error messages are displayed on the dashboard. Some friends told me that the previous owners probably have set the car with software to never show "change engine oil error" and to avoid resetting the service interval every time. The car service is standing at 0km since I have bought it and despite it, It is starting DPF regenerations. Is this something that I should be concerned about or just to drive the car like that? Thanks in advance!
Hello, I hope you have reset it because it is a limit of 500km from the time it appears until you reset it. To reset it, put your key on the ignition and turn it to mark-on (don't turn on the engine), press the gas pedal full and hold it, and press the brake pedal 7 times. After that keep your gas pedal for more than 1 minute. Turn off the car and don't turn it on for 1 minute. I hope I helped.

Back