Technical How to lock boot when driving

Currently reading:
Technical How to lock boot when driving

ammonite

I have a 2012 Punto POP 1.2L 2-door with remote locking.
Is there any way to lock the boot when driving?

The key has only 3 choices:
1. Unlock everything - 2 doors and boot
2. Lock everything - 2 doors and boot
3. Unlock boot only

If I unlock everything, get in and drive off,
then the boot remains unlocked, which is not desirable when stopping at lights say, in a large city like Barcelona.

If I press the key symbol on the dashboard the boot and doors will lock
but I am also locked in. This is risky in case of an accident although the doors can still be opened from inside.

Can anyone help please?

Just lock all the doors when driving most cars do this automatically these days not much of a safety concern even in an accident as they can still be opened manually by pulling the handle

I believe if the airbags activate or the car detects an accident the doors get unlocked.

The safest thing is to have the doors lock when you drive off, this also prevents the risk of car jacking or some random weirdo getting in your car while you’re sat in traffic.

There was a spate of thefts a few years back where people would wait till a car was stopped in traffic and open the door grabbing the bag on the passenger seat and running for it, if you’re in a car stuck in traffic there is nothing you can do, you can’t abandon your car in the middle of traffic and run after them.

Locking everything is safest and if the event of an accident you won’t be stuck

Back in the 90s when cars had a mechanical fuel cut off switch, this used to pop the door locks.

It’s been something on cars since the early to mid 90s.
I’m fairly certain the early mk2 should do it also as this was the time that central locking was becoming common on all cars big and small

Back