How to get deep scratches out due to tw4ts

Currently reading:
How to get deep scratches out due to tw4ts

hi guys

my sister's car got keyed last night but i would say abit worse, was scratched not the nicest word, on the roof drivers door and back wing.

its deep. but ive seen a few things on the internet that people have managed to get deep scratches out. have any of you guys came across this be4. if you have what do you use ???????

just that i dont want to spray the whole car. as i dont really have time and my sister needs her car, ive got tomorrow to try and make it look half decent.

there just stupid little jealous bastards that need to get a life. a few cars have been done on my street the past few months and the police are not botherd. they will be after ive knocked the lil sh*ts out.

ive got the colour touch up paint for it. i was just going to fill the scratches out and then touch it up with the paint and then use compound on it.

since no one has replied.
i recommend.
a respray.
due to the fact its deep it needs a nice undercoat to protect metal and a fresh layer of paint then lacquer.

im no expert tho.

do you have any pics? If you can get your finger nail into the scratches then it will most likely need a respray if not then it can easily be wet sanded and machine polished.

do you have any pics? If you can get your finger nail into the scratches then it will most likely need a respray if not then it can easily be wet sanded and machine polished.

as above, pictures would be really helpful as you won't always need a respray. If the scratches are deep but not down to the base coat sort of deep then they are repairable reasonably easily. :D

its gone through to the primer. is there any way i could build it up with the paint ive got and then sand it down with compound, then some how lacquer it. ???

the pics are not the best. the 1st pic is the bit ive messed with, but its dull, would it come out if i lacquerd it

DSC01270.JPG

DSC01271.JPG

DSC01272.JPG

Last edited:
its metallic so you can not use cutting compound on the colour, only on the lacquer.

you could use a hair out of a brush very thin coat primer, then paint followed by lacquer so its just higher then the original paint then cut it.

probably going to stand out a mile though.

Dont cut through the original lacquer though else it will wreck the metallic particals making it look dull

Last edited:
I agree, summary execution at the roadside for anyone doing this would improve the UK gene pool rapidly. Personally if I had a car that was living on the street I would just do the best I could with touchup then laquer (the laquer makes a big difference) and live with it in case the retards just do it again. i usually buy my everday cars up to year old at auction. The BX had been keyed and touched up, it never got keyed again in 10 years and never rusted.

Depends how good the body shops are round you, My old car got a nice 4" long down to the primer scratch when i was in collage at Glasgow, i took it to a body shop and they used some touch up paint and polished it. I knew it was there but most other people couldn't even see it!

OK, I know JML stuff is mostly hype but what about those miracle scratch remover pens?
If they don't work then the company must spend hours touching up the video.

I'm trying really hard to believe that science has come a long way.

Back