How to decipher vehicle identification #, were?

Currently reading:
How to decipher vehicle identification #, were?

Californiacoast

Hi I purchased a fiat Autobianchi I'm sure it's a 59... But I need to be sure .. WHERE CAN I GO WEBSITE THAT WILL HELP ME DECIPHER/READ AND UNDERSTAND THE VEHICLE ID NUMBER ? My vin number on the car is 110b025816.. I need to know all that it means. Please help can't locate were to go to figure this out....need to know original color motor size, year what number order manufactured location etc. Everything it tells me...lost on the California coast....

Hi s130 and thanks,

I TRIED THANKS BUT NO LUCK ON THIS WEBSITE...IT ONLY DECODES VEHICLES FROM 1978 to present and requires a 17 digit VIN NUMBER. MINES IS ONLY 10DIGITS IT'S 110b025816. I'm sure it's a 58 59 but need vin details color code yr. Engine etc. Still trying. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi davern,

Thanks I did email them yesterday I hope to get a reply from them soon. Keeping my fingers crossed. Any other suggestions to decode the vin or engine #, remember this must be a 58 or 59 fiat Autobianchi only 10 digits on vehicle id. Help please my vin is 110b025816 on vehicle

Back then VIN or Chassis Numbers didn't have all the info in them that they do today and there was no requirement for how long they needed to be. 110 or 110b may be the factory model number of the car and the rest is the serial number. It's also possible that there was only one engine and one gearbox available so there was no need for codes for those. Paint codes are separate from VIN's, so you won't find the info there. Best bet is to search for a website in English that deals with Autobianchi.

Good Luck!

Hi I purchased a fiat Autobianchi I'm sure it's a 59... But I need to be sure .. WHERE CAN I GO WEBSITE THAT WILL HELP ME DECIPHER/READ AND UNDERSTAND THE VEHICLE ID NUMBER ? My vin number on the car is 110b025816.. I need to know all that it means. Please help can't locate were to go to figure this out....need to know original color motor size, year what number order manufactured location etc. Everything it tells me...lost on the California coast....

The Fiat 500D from 1960-65 was model number 110D. I would expect that the Autobianchi was therefore based on model 110 (being the Fiat factory code for that vehicle) with a "B" for Bianchi maybe ("A" was probably reserved for Abarth)? The remainder of the number will be the chassis code for your specific car.

IF Fiat were responsible for the Autobianchi records the exact date of manufacture can be obtained from them. The only Club able to do this in the UK is the Fiat Motor Club - this isn't a sales pitch but I am involved in that Club so if you want me to look into it further please let me know. I'm sure we can find out if the Autobianchi records are available from Fiat.

You may have a Club able to do this in the US, but it needs to have access to Fiat's records in Italy. Of course if the Autobianchi records aren't in the Fiat archive that's a dead end (I suspect they were all built on the same line though, so it's likely Fiat has them).

Hope this helps a bit! (y)

Regards, Gavin.

Back