Styling How old is my Marea Weekend

Currently reading:
Styling How old is my Marea Weekend

Peter Barnfather

Hi,

I live in Marbella in Spain and I bought a lhd Marea Weekend about 15 months ago. I have had trouble getting the garage I bought it from to register the car in my name, despite threating them with legal proceedings.
I am now concerned about the actual age of the car which is supposed to be 2002. The car has a radio/cassette player which to me seems to be several years out of date. Does anyone know when CD players were put into these cars(it is possible I suppose that the original owner requested one) also any other changes that were made that could give me a clue to it´s actual age.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Peter Barnfather

A cd player was only an option as many of that age of cars were prob old stock, like everything you can request different things and the £200 extra for the audio pack prob didnt make the cut.

Have you got the vin no? Have you got a registration certificate, it should tell you the date of registration, and the VIN no it may be possible to obtain the date of manufacture.

Get on to the garage and ask them if they will pay for a lawyer to sort this mess out, if you know 100% that they are the ones holding it up tell them you are going to be contacting a lawyer about the matter and ask for the details of where official letters should be sent.

If the scare tactic doesnt work then contact a lawyer, there chepaer than you think and costs 'should' be passed on to the garage if they are at fault by means of compensation and out of pocket expenses.

Look at the ashtray mouldings, they will have the month and year marked on them, the car will be only weeks older. The radio is correct, the car is "plumbed" for a Grundig 6 stack under the rear seats, mine has one fitted.

Give me chassis number and i'll tell you exactly how old you vehicle is and any other details you need to know

Your windscreen will also tell age. Any glass, actually.

There is a number in a corner, might look like ".....0" which stands for 2000.

Back