General How Much is it Worth?

Currently reading:
General How Much is it Worth?

edessex

Established member
Hi all, I had a Fiat Panda stolen and torched last year, and I'm trying to settle something with the insurers, they say the market value of my Panda is £250, I think its more.

Sorry, but I do not have any photos, but the specs are below:

Car: Fiat Panda
Year: 1991
Engine: 903cc
Trim: Dance
Mileage: 36,000 genuine (pretty much FSH)
Tax: 5 months
MoT: 5 months

-2 owners from new (me being the second)
-NO RUST! Honestly, this thing had been garaged all its life!
-No dents or scratches, paintwork slightly faded, but would have come up well with a bit of T-Cut.
-Good tyres all round, including spare.
-Windscreen free of chips.
-Started first time every time.
-Just had a new head gasket, plugs, leads, oil, etc.

I have never seen one as mint as this was, especially underneath! The sills had never been welded, and didn't need it -they were solid as a rock!

I know its hard without a photo, but how much would you say its worth?

Cheers, Ed.M

Yeah, I'm with the others. £500 minimum. Check out ebay, I'm sure there was one for sale at just over £700.00.

Hope you get a decent price - let us know how you get on.

Used to have a Panda 4x4 on a G plate, bought it for £220 sold it for £440. I know your's was completely different.. but a 126 with 225 miles on it sold recently on ebay for about £3100. I'd happily go £700+ if it was what you were saying ;) try finding another panda like it for the money, although you might be looking at the value a year ago? like it would have changed much

Hi guys thanks for the replies, I've piled together a bundle of ones off eBay and autotrader, and I've sent them in again, I originally asked for £750. That way when my £150 excess comes off it I might sill be able to buy a half-decent one!

Mine was genuinely perfect... It was the ideal buy!

It was owned by an old guy, who bought it from new, his son told him to treat himself to a comfy car as he was getting on a bit, so he was going to part-ex it, but the showroom said they would only PX if it had a full MoT, so he took it down the garage he always took it... and luckily my brother works there, so I matched the amount the showroom would have paid for it...

It never actually went up for sale, and was really well looked after!

Dad's 1993 Selecta with 25k on the clock had this damage and is currently being written off at an offer price of £450, which we're going to try and bump up once. So that's £450 for a mint Panda which previously had damage!

DSC07892.JPG

DSC07883.JPG

Hey guys,

I'm in a similar situation, apart from the fact that instead of claiming on my insurance I've got the arduous task of squeezing money out of the proverbial stone that is the DVLA.

Long story short, I SORN'ed my Panda, parked it on a private road and went on holiday. Came back to find it had been ticketed, towed, and crushed in my absence :cry:... I also had a court summons waiting for me, all because one of NCP's (the DVLAs contractor of choice) minions can't tell the difference between a private and a public road. :confused: (Bitter, moi?!)

They withdrew the case after I presented evidence of the roads private status (so they wouldn't have to pay my costs when they lost), but now the DVLA have effectively stolen my beloved Panda, crushed it and not even offered an apology or any advice on how to get reimbursed for my loss. I'm assuming when I pursue it they'll offer me 'market value' (which will probably be significantly lower than what I think it's worth) but can anyone offer an objective opinion on what I should be going for?

Panda 1000 Super
J Reg (1991)
Excellent condition
3 Door
Around 120,000miles on the clock
(Over)Insured to a value 'not exceeding £5,000'.

Thanks,
Luke

P.S. Any links to similar Pandas at exceptionally high prices are also appreciated, if only so I can get some sweet (monetary-based) revenge.

Sorry to hear about the Panda:cry: I'd be really annoyed if that happened to me, especially on a private road aswell:mad: You should be looking for at least £500 if it was in really good condition, there was a 1991 Super on ebay the other week, I'm not sure what it went for but maybe it could be of help if you could find the ebay listing.

Beau's right.
Just so you lot don't end up in the same situation, you can park an untaxed car (as long as SORN is declared) on any road which is 'unadopted' or 'not maintained at public expense' i.e. by the Highways Agency.
I found an online list via the HA's website (highways.gov.uk) which listed each roads status in my area, hence why I knew I was safe.

Thanks for your help so far, will def. have to track that Super down on ebay.

Ironic thing is I've only just cancelled the insurance now the car's confirmed as crushed and court case is over, so I might ask them to reimburse me that as well.

id ask 700 plus compensation of at least 200.

:yeahthat: aswell as personal posessions in the car (Laptop and sat nav in the boot etc)

:eek::eek: thats so bad!! i think they might have a point arguing about it being on the road, even if it is private. im 90% sure it has to be on a driveway or your land for it to be "safe".

Nope. Private Land only Craig. 90% of driveways aren't safe unless big gates infront of it. :(

If it's any reflection, I've just had a call today confirming payout of a 1993 K-reg Selecta with 24500 miles on the clock (mint) for £850.

According to the bloke at the accessors often mileage dosen't matter that much, its condition, so hopfully the fact that yours is was good nic should help.

Can't believe the DVLA could be such :tosser: :mad:

Back