General How much for your b insurance!!!

Currently reading:
General How much for your b insurance!!!

Curious to see how much others have to pay for their insurance,
My renewal just come and its 890euro.. and I,ve never made a claim, it is full comp but last year was 520, when i asked why its increased so much, they replied because we just relised its left hand drive, its rarerity in Cyprus and that its body parts are expensive should they get damaged. :mad:

Asked around at other companys and they wont even insure her for full because of the same. :(

Does anyone have, share simmilar problems? ..

I live in Italy and i pay 920 euro and thats just 3rd party...
And im an oldie!!!!

Haha what a bs they are telling you.
In Belgium they could never raise the fee on that base.

Just don't pay it and go to their office.
Threaten you will go to an other company, they just don't have any right doing this!
perhaps go and listen first to other companies and see what they are asking.

I'm 23, 24 next week and I pay 600€ for my barchetta/year. (only 3th party)
Never had an accident and it's my first car on my name.

Last edited:
Mine was £300 or so. The problem I have in the UK is that the people living behind the computer monitors don't have a button for 'left hand drive but not an import'. This confuses the hell out of people and they end up declining the opportunity to think and failing to offer a quote.

holly straw hat.... over 800€ insurance? i here is not even 300€ well, i have 50% off price... when you buy car for first time, you pay 100% and then every year you pay 10% less until you reach 50% (if you cause accident, then you pay again 100% or less depend on damage)... but there is no difference in ages, gender, number of kids or dogs... only difference is more power more insurance.

800€... almost 2 months working for that... i see those insurance companies are same around the world... i waited 10 months for them to give me money when I had accident not by my mistake... excrement of asses.... and we are going to EU so, they will probably recalibrate prices to match EU prices very soon...

Found another company who quoted me 550 full comp, :)

At first they said 450, then called back to say 550 because its convertible,

They never asked if its a left hand drive, should I tell them, :rolleyes:

If I were to insure her with them, would I be covererd for full in the invent of an accident.

Anyone know the insurance laws..

Last edited:
I advise clients on insurance and always say to them if you are in any doubt about disclosing something just disclose it. Any insurance company with a decent computer system must be aware that the Barchetta is left hand drive. However, if the documentation does not state this then point it out, in writing, and ask for an acknowledgement. Some insurance companies will try everything to get out of paying on a claim so it is better to pay a higher premium if necessary rather than have a load of hassle if a claim is made.
The sad fact is that insurance premiums generally are set to rise, in part due to the antics of greedy ambulance chasing lawyers.

Hi Rich,

Thanks, I guess i was thinking I should disclose the fact but preety sure the premium will get close to my old insurers renewal and they may even say no.. :(

Will let you know what they say..

I'd go along with Richpea. Insurance may seem expensive but at the end of the day you do get what you pay for. And do you really want the hassle of endless arguments with the insurers about being paid out if your'e involved in an accident? I'm paying about €450 for fully comp, limited mileage - 7.5km - I'm 75. I think that's not bad.

Ours in in my wife's name, and last year the renewal was 479 euros, 8,000 km restriction, fully comp including glass and roof damage with no excess and that includes breakdown insurance and 'homestart' equivalent. That's with AXA.

Ok, Good news, or better shal I say, Managed to get an accurate quote from another company with all disclosures. Full comp for 650euros.

I then went to my own insurance company office and asked to see the manager,

Speaking with the manager there I asked why the increased premium,
he said there is a 50% surcharge for it being convertible and 25% for left hand drive, for which they only discovered.

Ok I say, I have another two vehicles insured with you for which I pay 540 and 490euros , Surely you can give me a better cost as I have had another company quote for 600euros.

I show him some pics of the B and he says AHA! you have a hardtop,
we can do you your premium for 620euros..:D 270euro cheaper than initially quoted.
FULL COMP with all the trimmings, and insured for the value of 10,000

Thanks everyone for your commments..

I advise clients on insurance and always say to them if you are in any doubt about disclosing something just disclose it. Any insurance company with a decent computer system must be aware that the Barchetta is left hand drive. However, if the documentation does not state this then point it out, in writing, and ask for an acknowledgement. Some insurance companies will try everything to get out of paying on a claim so it is better to pay a higher premium if necessary rather than have a load of hassle if a claim is made.
The sad fact is that insurance premiums generally are set to rise, in part due to the antics of greedy ambulance chasing lawyers.

Hmm, who is it that sells the details to the ambulance chasing lawyers?

Many companies work like this. They always try and its up to you to step up.
I had 5 offices checked out where they even tried to charge me 900 up to 1300€ for anual. Only 3th party as I can't do a full on a car of this age.
You just need to find a good one and negociate.
Helped my brother, and a friend in and both were a lot cheaper out.

All with AXA

Good thing you got a resonable price. But still. With 3 vehicles insured at theire office they have guts. They really dont want to lose you as a client.
It shoudn't have been raised at all!

Hi,

I paid £215 fully comp (via 2gether insurance brokers) but with an agreed max mileage as my barchetta is a weekend/sunny weather car now.

Rich

what does fully comp mean?
I pay 650€wih 25% bonus i have earned, first year it was 800€ :bang: i insured glass, lights and animals. (get my money if i broke a ligth on car or a window, or if a drive in to a wild animal).

Fully comp(rehensive), as compared to third party: the latter used to be a cheaper option, but nowadays there doesn't seem to be much between them in terms of cost. Around £400 here, with just one year no claims; £90 excess for the windscreen. Not sure about wild animal cover though! :confused:

i think... you got money only if you hit "wild" animal on road where is no "animal warning" road sign. well.. depend from insurance to insurance...

i think... you got money only if you hit "wild" animal on road where is no "animal warning" road sign. well.. depend from insurance to insurance...

Oh deer :eek: plenty of wildlife on the streets at the weekend here, but no signs! Nearly hit a kangaroo once, that was scary. What are the risks in East Europe.. wolves, bears..?

Back