how many police officers have points?

Currently reading:
how many police officers have points?

after recieving my telling off and given my ticket i started to think about the above question :chin: tbh i doubt they do have any but baybe there is an officer of the law on the forum that has them and can prove me wrong??? :confused:

Was close to getting points but the officer conscerned wasn't authorised to use the speed detecting equipment so as well as avoiding the points I managed to get 40 others off at the same time ;) although I was officially only doing 40 in a 40 zone at the time :rolleyes: (can you tell i'm not into traffic)

It's not so much the problem that you can't have so many points before your taken off driving police cars but complaint's & dicipline dept have to be informed for each one so you can get in the s**t & fined on top of the points and standard fine.

Oh! and there are loads of officers with points :eek:

Im sorry, but this has no place, at the end of the day you got points for speeding end of story, it was a 30 whether you are overtaking or not, you cannot exceed 30. The officer was right to prosecute.

A couple of thoughts for you.

Would you want to be called to a disturbance in a pub, full of drunken people, with a fight starting to break out, with backup on the way but not immediately there, and you have to start to bring the situation into calm?

Would you like to attend accident scenes where some child has been hit my a car, and because of there size has gone under the car rather than over the car, with all the ensuing blood and and other debris strewed around the scene.

I personally think the Police have a hard enough task, without someone who is bitter with getting points and a fine, having an attempt at smearing them. I am not a police officer, I did apply to be but was turned down due to my stutter.

Just one final thought, on average the number of deaths on the roads is at least ten times the number of people murdered in this country, now that in my book makes a serious crime, and that is something we are acheiving without trying to kill people, so if we went out with the intent of killing, just think what a massive figure we could muster.

Rant over.

if you read my other thread i have accepted the points as i WAS going faster than the limit for the road and he DID have every right to prosecute me thats is not what this thread was started for :confused:

i was just curious if there was more chance of being let off if you are a police officer! regardless of what other duties they perform im not trying to smear them this is purely curiosity!

Badger_Benji said:
Im sorry, but this has no place, at the end of the day you got points for speeding end of story, it was a 30 whether you are overtaking or not, you cannot exceed 30. The officer was right to prosecute.

A couple of thoughts for you.

Would you want to be called to a disturbance in a pub, full of drunken people, with a fight starting to break out, with backup on the way but not immediately there, and you have to start to bring the situation into calm?

Would you like to attend accident scenes where some child has been hit my a car, and because of there size has gone under the car rather than over the car, with all the ensuing blood and and other debris strewed around the scene.

I personally think the Police have a hard enough task, without someone who is bitter with getting points and a fine, having an attempt at smearing them. I am not a police officer, I did apply to be but was turned down due to my stutter.

Just one final thought, on average the number of deaths on the roads is at least ten times the number of people murdered in this country, now that in my book makes a serious crime, and that is something we are acheiving without trying to kill people, so if we went out with the intent of killing, just think what a massive figure we could muster.

Rant over.

1st, don't apologise, its a forum and it's your opinion.

2nd, calm down, simple question from the poster.

Well knowing some of the horrific things that traffic cops would have to come in contact with then they must be mad if they do get done for speeding. As for none traffic police then I suppose they are ony human and things do happen. Yes there are times when you hear about them getting off with speeding fines etc but maybe thats something that happens to normal folk too, it's just not good news so you never hear about it. ;)

KoArAnG said:
Well knowing some of the horrific things that traffic cops would have to come in contact with then they must be mad if they do get done for speeding. As for none traffic police then I suppose they are ony human and things do happen. Yes there are times when you hear about them getting off with speeding fines etc but maybe thats something that happens to normal folk too, it's just not good news so you never hear about it. ;)

id say that was very well put. (y) case closed in my eyes ;)

stilosporting said:
if you read my other thread i have accepted the points as i WAS going faster than the limit for the road and he DID have every right to prosecute me thats is not what this thread was started for :confused:

i was just curious if there was more chance of being let off if you are a police officer! regardless of what other duties they perform im not trying to smear them this is purely curiosity!

In answer to that No we don't get let off, but depending on the officer conscerned who stopped you you will either get the ticket or if the attitude test applies you may end up with a warning. Camera's these days don't discriminate.

Just to add to this pure speed is not the problem it's also the conditions & location that add to the mix as well as the experience of the driver. I don't drive fast in my own cars even though they are very capable cars I just don't feel the need, but I am human and on an empty road at 3.00am coming home from work I may push on a bit or after a busy night may have a relaxing drive well under the limit.

When at work my driving changes completely, it has to and you have to consentrate 110% or lives are at risk, a typical blue light run to an incident in heavy traffic will end in the driver being mentally exhausted and usually the back of your shirt is ringing wet.

Speeding & motoring offences are not my thing (I prefer dealing with criminals than the general decent public, however if something dangerous occurs it cannot be ignored) although it is the law and if caught you have to take the consequenses of your driving/actions and that applies to all uniform or otherwise.

The Negotiator said:
The question is: Will you continue to break the law and speed?

i think this route has been taken down before but here goes,

(this IS a rehtorical question) how many of you break the law by speeding, even by 1mph??

edit: to refer more to speeding ;)

Last edited:
stilosporting said:
i think this route has been taken down before but here goes,

(this IS a rehtorical question) how many of you break the law and speed, even by 1mph??

Every night I'm working I would say (speed only) very rare in my own cars, but I am human.

Anyway need to get ready for work.......becarefull out there!

stilosporting said:
yes...

...i may sneeze and break the speed limit by 1mph :)

Hmm........:p ................

.......and when the ban comes along ill be waiting to claim the car :woot:

............should be motive enough to make you slow down :confused:

oh and can everyone say they never go slightly over the limit (speed) with or without realising? hmmmm imo i doubt it.

Back