General how many Pandas do you see a day?..

Currently reading:
General how many Pandas do you see a day?..

Hi there Panda fans! I have not seen any Panda classic on the roads around here for as long as I can remember. I would love a slightly more efficient heater in the car when outside temperature falls to around -20 celcius. But the engine (1000ie) starts on first crank every day! I use the Panda every day commuting to my work which is 50 km away. It's a fantastic little car. :cool:

Greetings from snowy Norway:

20022010036.jpg

20022010035.jpg

20022010034.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there Panda fans! I have not seen any Panda classic on the roads around here for as long as I can remember. I would love a slightly more efficient heater in the car when outside temperature falls to around -20 celcius. But the engine (1000ie) starts on first crank every day! I use the Panda every day commuting to my work which is 50 km away. It's a fantastic little car. :cool:

Hi, now you must be someone who can comment on how the Panda compares with other cars in real snow? (y)

Hi all of you! I also live in Norway and cant remeber seeing any Panda`s for atleast the last 6-7 years...... I am looking for one to buy, but they are almost impossible to find:( I really want one.....

The problem with German import is that it is very expensive to bring cars from there and into Norway! And to be honest, there is limits to how much it would be wise to spend on a Panda:( There was one for sale a few weeks back here in Norway, a 4x4 with twin sunroof from 1986! Wasen`t to bad of a price either....But according to my wife it was way too much for an old ugly car as she said:( Woman, you cant live with em, but you can`t live without em either:rolleyes: I think I might have to sell my 63 Neckar first anyway. Then I will have enough garage space also:) The only thing which is sure, is that one day I will have a Panda(y)

Hi, now you must be someone who can comment on how the Panda compares with other cars in real snow? (y)

The Panda is actually quite good on snow. My car is lowered and has a quite stiff suspension but I have not get stucked with it yet. It's a lot of fun in the roundabouts though. (y) Engine wise it's no problem, but in this cold it's very important that the device in the airbox which are feeding hot air from the manifold works as it should. Mine was jammed in open position in -20, the car took me home but the engine was hesitating because of the cold intake air. Good quality fully synthetic 5w40 oil is also very important when starting in these kind of weather. When it comes to the heater and the temperature inside the car it's crap. It's a good idea to wear warm clothes even when driving. Maybe not the best suited car for winter driving but it's not that bad either. ;)

Last edited:
Panda on ice (well snow really) amazing. Last feb guildford had the best part of 4 ft of snow, panda got me to uni nd back all week where most other cars were struggling, LOL @ the porsches tring to get around town. They didn't grit the roads at all. The panda was just awesome, had some fun in an empty car park, absolutely no hassles, didn't get stuck once. Started first time every time despite the heavy snow covering and the low temperatures, alas that was then, now it rarely starts first time even when its warm, but I'm working on it. :)

I agree though, warm clothes are a must, you really can't warm the inside of the car up untill the engine is up to temp.

.... really miss my little Pandalini.:cry:

Lorry vs Panda 1-0

Freeway driving. Road work. Old M.A.N lorry brakes too late. Hits Pandalini rear left. Little Panda catapulted into maintenance car parked on the road shoulder... People climbed out without a scratch, Panda was not so lucky...

Pandalini is still in my garage, and is as sad as it's owner.

Here's some more pictures of my dear Pandalini:

http://s199.beta.photobucket.com/user/alfastian/library/Pandalini

31256842.jpg

427edff5.jpg

Last edited:
That's depressed me, looks like it used to be stunning. Panda's look so good in black, and those wheels are ace! I fear this happening to me one day, it's completely out of your control if someone hits you up the back. Anyway glad to hear no one was hurt. Panda's seem to perform ok in accidents; I had a very comfy crash in one also. :(

Are you getting another one do you think or are you hoping for some sort of resurrection?

Si

Back