Posted by M21MFS
Grampian Transport Museum, Alford, Aberdeenshire
Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Hope no one minds me posting this up on the forum?

This is an invite to any Fiat/Italian Car which may qualify for an event I'm involved in organising, called How Many Left?

The idea for this came about after a chat with an enthusiastic Austin Allegro owner. He wanted to display the car at work, which we decided against. It did however get a few of us thinking though - there are lots of cars that aren't fully appreciated (like the Allegro) and aren't/are unlikely to be considered classics. Some of these were made in huge numbers and some are now down to a handful of surviving examples.

So - if you're motor has less than 500 examples left according to the DVLAs statistics (available at www.howmanyleft.co.uk) it would qualify for the event.

We offer FREE admission for those entering their vehicles into the event. The museum has an outdoor arena so we plan on doing some light-hearted track activity - parallel auto tests, passenger rides for members of the public. There's always the option of just putting your pride and joy on static display. :)

For anyone trucking up for the event, we can offer limited on-site camping on the Saturday night. Alternatively there is a full caravan park/campsite just round the corner and there are a few local B&B's as well for anyone looking for creature comforts.

For anyone who's never heard of Alford it's a lovely part of the world - and home of the famous Aberdeen Angus. The village is about 20-30 minutes west of Aberdeen and right on the doorstep of the Whisky trail.

If you want to take part just clink on the link and download and return an entry form (y)

Cheers,
Martyn

Heading along to this with some of the family. My nephew wants to see the new Guy Martin exhibit in the museum so seems like the perfect opportunity. Will pop by and say hello to VmanC

Bizarrely my grande 1.6 mjet probably qualifies as so few were made prior to switching to the Evo but as it won't be prepped it'll be staying in the car park :D

I'm not gonna lie, I was chuffed to see Vman's entry arrive when I was in post at the museum and was even happier that he made the trip to Alford. No mean feat!!!

Seeing the show on the telly brought back memories. Apparently I'm on telly for about 0.8 secs too (and my 147 is in shot when they're chatting to the guy with the Anglia) - it brought back memories of the rain. Holy hell, that was something else, even for this neck of the woods :D:D

Back