General How Many Barchettas Were Made?

Currently reading:
General How Many Barchettas Were Made?

Just done a little ePER research

First chassis number listed is 00000099, Prod.01/95. However there is no vehicle or engine number listed.

Chassis 00000156 dos not exist!

Last chassis number is 00057607, Prod. 11/04, Vehicle number 57391

Also I note that chassis number and vehicle number and month of production seem to be a little erratic.

Yep - it's erratic.

Looking up the date for another thread, I thought I'd have a go at the random numbers game for production, using the ePer provided by this site.

The last chassis listed is 00057890 - vehicle number 00057661 - Production date June 2005.

Attachments

• Last model.jpg
    Last model.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 55
My advice to you, Graham, would be to buy an (unrusty) Barchetta for the pleasure of ownership but not as an investment. The lack decpreciation is a bonus but don't expect them to make big money. My personal preference is for the MK1, before they messed with the pristine styling.
The Barchetta is hardly a performance car, so, apart from wind in the hair motoring the big attraction is the look of the car.

If you think about other vehicles it is only where significant engineering improvements were made over the early, or MK1s, that values outperform the earlier cars. Even then not always. This is not the case with the Barchetta and with their current age and value the best bet has to be to buy on the condition of the vehicle.

Back