Technical How is the Uconnect 5 inch Navi wiring?

Currently reading:
Technical How is the Uconnect 5 inch Navi wiring?

dick747

Dear Fiat forum-members,
I have a question: I've bought a Uconnect 5 inch 250VPE radio-navi from a guy who wanted a bigger screen in his 2015 Ducato . I want to assemble it in my Ducato 2009 Knaus van Motorhome. But I don't know the wiring schedule..specially to the canbus of my Duc. Is there any of you who has a radio wiring diagram from a Ducato 2015..how the radio is connected to the canbus? It is a 52 pin contact on the backside of the radio.. With the information how the 2015 wiring is connected I can copy it to my 2009 car.
I have no steering buttons in my car, doesn't need to..I only want the radio and the Navi working, that's all..
Thank you in advance and greetings from Amserdam Holland!
Dick Martin

Attachments

• uconnect 250.jpg
    uconnect 250.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 488
Hi, I don't know the answer to your query as I don't have a wiring diagram but the easy way of doing this is to obtain a harness complete with connectors at each end that fit (a) your new Uconnect satnav and (b) the original terminal block to which the radio that you took out was plugged into (even if you didn't have a radio it is likely that there will be such a block pre-connected somewhere in the radio location position.

Which harness do you need? Again I don't know (all the radio/satnavs I have fitted were supplied with a harness which plugged straight into the van harness without the need for an adaptor cable) but a good start would be to obtain an OE harness for your Uconnect unit and see if that fits.

You may be lucky as more recent vans and radios have standardised connector blocks.

Thank you for you reaction and advise Crosskeeper,
You are right and at first I have to buy the right connectors on the radio..and I bought those last week..

I have a accu(battery from my harley) on my desk and connected the radio, also to the speakers..But I get the message Error code..

This is the connector..see picture.. perhaps a canbus simulator can help?

Next week I visit my motorhome, it is in a camper storage.. then I wil test te ISO blocks..but it seems there are no threads to the canbus system in it..

we will see..thank you and greetings!

Attachments

• stekker die ik heb.jpg
    stekker die ik heb.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 380
  • eigen duc stekker.JPG
    eigen duc stekker.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 346
  • achterkant radio.jpg
    achterkant radio.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 397
I have a accu(battery from my harley) on my desk and connected the radio, also to the speakers..But I get the message Error code..

Just a thought....as it is/was a genuine Fiat item does it need a radio code to be inputted for it to work again (the radio doesn't know it hasn't been stolen :))

If so one of the Forum Moderators (Davren?) can obtain the code in return for a donation to the forum

Just a thought....as it is/was a genuine Fiat item does it need a radio code to be inputted for it to work again (the radio doesn't know it hasn't been stolen :))

If so one of the Forum Moderators (Davren?) can obtain the code in return for a donation to the forum

Ok..haha..it has not been stolen, I spoke the motorhome owner in Brunssum and saw his car. I also got the original code card from him..so I have the number..but I cannot get rid of the "code error" in the display..
I think the radio must be inputted to the canbus/ecu of of a car..and at that time I will be able to put the code in..
On ebay (kleinanzeigen.de) you see some more people selling this kind of radio/navi...it has a rather small screen..I think people want a 7 inch screen..what I can imagine..

It's a totally other subject..but as a Fiat fan I will inform you:
On the dutch Facebook "oldtimers te koop" I see a Fiat 1500 Comfort, an oldtimer...

Woow..I would like to buy it, but I have already four vehicles..so the garage is full..

Price is about about 3000 euro's..verry acceptable, haha,

great car, do not you think?
I am in love...I had one the same in the seventies..

Attachments

• fiat 1500.jpg
    fiat 1500.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 45
Got one sitting on the shelf in the shed. It's a pile of junk. The unit has a special connector from the vehicle which has all the speaker outputs, power and CanBus connected. It also uses a GPS Ariel which I never found. The reason I removed mine was you cannot put in POI unless you want to put them in one by one. Although it is TomTom based you can only get updated maps when Fiat decide so maps could be well out of date. You can get the connector to change from Fiat wiring loom to Standard but not seen one the other way round. You also need the CanBus connection as thats how it knows when the ignition is on or off. Once you connect it to the CanBus of the vehicle then the vehicle is going to moan because it has found something on the CanBus it was not expecting. This means a trip to the Dealer to get the CanBus Computers updated.

Now how do I know all this .. I removed mine and fitted a Blaupunkt ..

Forget it .. It's not worth the agro. (n)

Ok, I understand...

But it is a kind of hobby and challenge for me to know how everything works..
I Looked in my Duc in the dash..and in the Iso block there are no canbus
wires.(n)
So it will be difficult and I do not want to stress the body computer.. the better solution is a Canbus Simulator..don't know yet which one..
I want to connect the set to the second (househeld) accu in the camper..

In the schedule..you see the canbus pins..and canbus his..I ask myself which ones are to connect to the simulator..

I keep you informed..
Trying, ha,ha..otherwise..the old Kenwood radio back..and the old tomtom on the dash..

Attachments

• 28173d1460168320-tazer-z-automotive-worth-uconnect_84an_pinout.jpg
    28173d1460168320-tazer-z-automotive-worth-uconnect_84an_pinout.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,185
Last edited:
Back