Technical Uconnect 5 but not in a FIAT

Currently reading:
Technical Uconnect 5 but not in a FIAT

TrevMcRev

Hello there
As per my heading, my camper isn't a Fiat, its a Peugeot Boxer, but it is based on the Fiat Ducato X290

I have pulled the standard DAB radio and replaced it with a Fiat 250 VP2 ECE DAB NAV unit dated as 2017, so that I have a CD player, proper Bluetooth navigation etc

The net result is that I now have a flashing odometer, but I cannot complete a proxy alignment to clear it

During the proxy alignment, all areas update successfully, but OBDAlfa shows that the Entertainment Telematic Module (radio) fails as the ECU has detected that something isn't right

I have the following faults showing on the radio module:
B1562 - GPS Antenna open circuit
B1578 – AM/FM Antenna open circuit
B157A – DAB Antenna open circuit

I took this to mean that there is a short on one, or all of the antenna, so I unplugged everything apart from the main block, but the faults continue to return after clearing them
I borrowed the same radio from my brothers Ducato which works fine in his camper and it picked up the same error codes etc in my Boxer and again would not clear
If I reinstate the original radio, while AlfaOBD doesn't seem to see the radio, it does allow me to run a proxy alignment to clear the odometer flash

I've seen a mention somewhere else on this forum (cant find it now) that said to find the GPS tick box and enable it, but not sure how I do this

Any help would be appreciated
Trev

Hello there
As per my heading, my camper isn't a Fiat, its a Peugeot Boxer, but it is based on the Fiat Ducato X290

I have pulled the standard DAB radio and replaced it with a Fiat 250 VP2 ECE DAB NAV unit dated as 2017, so that I have a CD player, proper Bluetooth navigation etc

The net result is that I now have a flashing odometer, but I cannot complete a proxy alignment to clear it

During the proxy alignment, all areas update successfully, but OBDAlfa shows that the Entertainment Telematic Module (radio) fails as the ECU has detected that something isn't right

I have the following faults showing on the radio module:
B1562 - GPS Antenna open circuit
B1578 – AM/FM Antenna open circuit
B157A – DAB Antenna open circuit

I took this to mean that there is a short on one, or all of the antenna, so I unplugged everything apart from the main block, but the faults continue to return after clearing them
I borrowed the same radio from my brothers Ducato which works fine in his camper and it picked up the same error codes etc in my Boxer and again would not clear
If I reinstate the original radio, while AlfaOBD doesn't seem to see the radio, it does allow me to run a proxy alignment to clear the odometer flash

I've seen a mention somewhere else on this forum (cant find it now) that said to find the GPS tick box and enable it, but not sure how I do this

Any help would be appreciated
Trev
I found the entry and it said the following
"You have to find (on Multiecuscan) the GPS tick box and enable it. The Proxy Alignment then goes to work and tells the other components that everything is there"
So, using alfaOBD, I found the "GPS" setting and changed it from "not enabled" to "enabled"
Also found one called "Navigation" and did the same with that
Net result was that I was able to run a proxy alignment and the odometer stopped flashing
Going to run a full diagnostic when I have time, but thank goodness this was the solution

Back