Technical High beam lights only work on one side (and it's not the bulb)

Currently reading:
Technical High beam lights only work on one side (and it's not the bulb)

Splash

As per the title, 2010 Fiat 500 POP high beam headlights only work on one side. I have replaced the bulb with two different new ones but it still doesn't work.
Dipped headlight and sidelights all working correctly.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, all fuses, inside and under bonnet, and bulbs now checked with a meter and seem ok
Washed the car, tried it again and it now works. Could it be a bad earth? Or did testing/removing fuses/relay disturb something? Any ideas?

You only need a little corrosion to stop 12V. Removing fuses and relays may well have done the job. For reference when removing fuses and relays clean the blades with scotchbrite ( pan scrubber ) , you can also lubricate and protect from future corrosion by spraying with electrolube ( No, before someone says it, WD40 is NOT the same stuff :rolleyes: ) before re-inserting. It will assist in doing away with what ( as you have found ) is an annoying and unnecessary problem. :) A bad earth is a possibility but I would guess the moving did it.

Sorry for slightly changing subject, but on these models high beam is in lower separate DLR lamps... How do you adjust beam height.... Tried the nut next to unit in latch with no joy... Beam is in the trees currently....

Thanks for response, will check bulb placement, would be good to know which of or combination of the any bolts/adjuster lowers the beam... (assuming bulb in correctly)... Its the left side lamp & tried the large bolt left of unit to adjust with no success... Lamp position looks fine within bumper.. this is my daughters car who has just passed her test, want to ensure when dark she can see safely when out of town driving.... As summer not major issue just now...

Think this is the adjuster at the top, however its very unlikely that the bulb has been replaced or that the alignment is out, especially as it passes a mot ? I suspect its only side to side?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230701_143916_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_143916_eBay.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 24
Xlnt... Thanks for this... will take wheel off to allow better access... It passed its MOT with left high beam blinding oncoming traffic... It shouldn't have passed....

She's had wee car for over a year & we would only go out mostly daylight whilst she was learning... The bulb has not been changed whilst we've owned vehicle, it's due an MOT August, will be same place again.... Will take wheel off & have a wee look to see if can adjust.....

So the high beam will always blind on coming cars that's why you dip them as soon as possible, you use them for unlit often country roads where maximum vision is required it also allows oncoming cars to see you before you can see each other due to the beam scatter
Hi there, been driving & riding bikes since 17, that's now 40 years on the road with various beloved vehicles...my concern is, I want my youngest daughter to see clearly when having to drive at night in winter as currently high beam doesn't improve visible difference when on roads without Street lights... I will have a look to check bulb position & to see if can adjust height of angle with kindly offered references from this xlnt forum... I appreciate the responses & will update on any success I manage... P.S now she's passed test I am hinting she should upgrade to 500 Abarth... What a fab wee mota!!

Back