Styling HID Main Beam

Currently reading:
Styling HID Main Beam

you've said this already in another thread too, and your point is.........?

we know they're illegal, but people rarely get stopped for it though!!:D

no ones forcing YOU to fit them to your car though!!!;)

hey guys, just read that link, just claim they were there when you got the car, and its manufacturers standard!! you'll get away with it!!:slayer:

Last edited:
you've said this already in another thread too, and your point is.........?

we know they're illegal, but people rarely get stopped for it though!!:D

no ones forcing YOU to fit them to your car though!!!;)

The point being is it effects OTHER people not the person fitting them to their car. Personally I wouldn't fit them to GP headlamps as its just dangerous IMO. You'd only end up having to aim them down more than usual defeating the whole point.

The point being is it effects OTHER people not the person fitting them to their car. Personally I wouldn't fit them to GP headlamps as its just dangerous IMO. You'd only end up having to aim them down more than usual defeating the whole point.

if thats the case then how come manufacturers are fitting them due to europian legislation??;)

How much brighter are they? is it really worth it? and as someone pointed out earlier what do you do if you want to flash someone durring the day?

They are a lot brighter, this is why the law surrounding these is there as its very easy to temporary blind people while driving past if they are incorrectly adjusted. Its bad enough with normal halogen bulbs IMO.

Ok i have been watching youtube vids of HID bulbs and im sold!! where is best place to get a conversion kit and set of 6000k bulbs? (might get some for fog and reverse light too!!!) (cheap but not poor quality)

They are very bright but are fine imo. Mine need to go in for a final bit of adjustment but i havent had anyone flashing me so far because they glare so they cant be that bad?

yeah I rarely get flashed at with mine either...dipped down to the lowest setting the glare is minimal and the range of beam is still far greater than with halogens. TBH though when I had my previous phillips bulbs i got flashed ALOT more 'cos they were ridiculous.

but as with all mods...if they're illegal than just be prepared to get stopped for it ;)

yeah I rarely get flashed at with mine either...dipped down to the lowest setting the glare is minimal and the range of beam is still far greater than with halogens. TBH though when I had my previous phillips bulbs i got flashed ALOT more 'cos they were ridiculous.

but as with all mods...if they're illegal than just be prepared to get stopped for it ;)
Ridiculous in what way?

So not worth getting them then? Just want to get rid of the horrid yellow lights.

Btw did you order Eibachs from that place yet?

Oh I see. I think everyones ordering Grande Eibachs within a space of about 2 weeks caught everybody out cold.

Back