Hid help!!!

Currently reading:
Hid help!!!

Not sure about self levelling but imo on a bravo/a the alignment switch does a very good job :)
I am sure it does, but it isn't SELF levelling which is what the rules require.

I hate hids they are dangerous! Even in cars that have them fitted correctly they are too bright!

I have had some old cars with shockingly bad headlights (citroen C15, Series 2a landy, series 3 landy) but even at night in unlight country lanes you can see enough! If there's no one else on the road use main bean - simples!

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR fooking hids! I really do hate them!

If someone is tailgating me with hids I find it really hard to see for the bright reflections off the inside of my landy - I tend to give them a demoonstration of my rear work lights and how good my brakes are! cock ends!

It is ;)

i dont think ive ever seen a car with self leveling :confused:

lost count how many high end bmw's with HIDs dazzle you while going over speed bumps etc

Its designed to allow for weight in the back, not move headlamps for every slight bump in the road (y)

I hate hids they are dangerous! Even in cars that have them fitted correctly they are too bright!

I have had some old cars with shockingly bad headlights (citroen C15, Series 2a landy, series 3 landy) but even at night in unlight country lanes you can see enough! If there's no one else on the road use main bean - simples!

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR fooking hids! I really do hate them!

If someone is tailgating me with hids I find it really hard to see for the bright reflections off the inside of my landy - I tend to give them a demoonstration of my rear work lights and how good my brakes are! cock ends!

It seems we share a hatred of the bastards that are HIDs

It is ;)

Its designed to allow for weight in the back, not move headlamps for every slight bump in the road (y)

when you hear 'self leveling' you dont think of manual leveling.

im sure i read somewhere before that if you have HIDs you have to have lamps that are linked to the suspension that level themselves depending on bumps in the road... like cars that are linked to stearing and the lights look round corners!

You should be careful. According to some, not wanting to blind everyone and have a legal car makes you a nob. :confused:

Also what's wrong with kids eye sight nowadays? The only time I can't see where I'm going at night is when some tit with hids is coming towards me.

Bang on (y)

Do you both hate people who drive with front fogs on too when there's no adverse weather??

im sure i read somewhere before that if you have HIDs you have to have lamps that are linked to the suspension that level themselves depending on bumps in the road... like cars that are linked to stearing and the lights look round corners!

They are linked to the position of the rear end depending upon luggage/weigh load upon start up. Not suspension to they're changing level constantly 24/7.

:yeahthat:

Count me in too. Fed up with tossers in badly modded cars (think Max Power types) that think it is compulsory to fit HID's to look 'cool'. It isn't and they just blind oncoming traffic in their bid to fit in with the latest must have chav mod. Most seem more concerned about HID's 'looking good' rather than actually increasing night time vision... :bang:

Two cars near me are prime examples. One a Pug 205 GTi and another a VW Corrado. Both have cliched boy racer mods and are driven like idiots most of the time. And both have HID's that are blatently usuitable for the older style headlights, and judging by the glare they're far too powerful as well. But of course to them it only matters that the other chavs think they look good. I hope they get stopped very soon by the fuzz and suitably fined for their stupidity.

'Self levelling' is automatic. Manual levelling is just that and as MEP says it's used to adjust the headlights if there is a heavier load or full quota of passengers in the back.

Self levelling can be done either by suspension or in the lights themselves. Cars with self levelling suspension don't need self levelling HID headlights because the suspension does the work in keeping the car level. Cars with non self levelling suspension need HID headlights that self level with motors, which are normally linked to a level sensor that adjusts the lights accordingly.

Do you both hate people who drive with front fogs on too when there's no adverse weather??

Another of my pet hates too!

What is wrong with people these days? If they need HID's and front fogs on all the time to see where they're going then their eyesight is clearly not good enough for safe driving!

Last edited:
'Self levelling' is automatic. Manual levelling is just that and as MEP says it's used to adjust the headlights if there is a heavier load or full quota of passengers in the back.

Self levelling can be done either by suspension or in the lights themselves. Cars with self levelling suspension don't need self levelling HID headlights because the suspension does the work in keeping the car level. Cars with non self levelling suspension need HID headlights that self level with motors, which are normally linked to a level sensor that adjusts the lights accordingly.

so, what i said? i know you have the little roller thing but thats just an adjuster depending on what you have in the boot... like you said.

so basically i was right and MEP was wrong? :p

so, what i said? i know you have the little roller thing but thats just an adjuster depending on what you have in the boot... like you said.

so basically i was right and MEP was wrong? :p

Sort of, except HID lights don't need to be linked to the suspension, at least not directly. They only need a level position sensor and can work independently of the suspension.

Self levelling = headlights constantly and automatically adjust depending on level position.

Manual levelling = headlights manually adjusted, by driver, to compensate for load.

;)

Was kinda my point really, easily and more effectively done with manual levelling.

Out of brand-new car with factory fitted HIDs and 10 year old car with Marea polys, I know which is more blinding. I think as long as you have the right lenses and ensure they are properly aligned it's good enough for most of the public and MOT testers.

And what is it with these self-levelling systems?

15 million lumen linked to the f'king churchill nodding dog.

I doubt there is one decent bit of road in this country so you are constantly blinded by the chuffing HIDs bouncing everywhere.

And if MOT testers actually still test headlamp alighnment, why is it half the cars on the road look like they are trying to direct the soddin aircraft?
I also agree about the cars behind you flooding your car with that intense light. It's so annoying as you can see they haven't got full beam on so treating them to your rear fogs won't make any difference as there's little they can do.

You should be careful. According to some, not wanting to blind everyone and have a legal car makes you a nob. :confused:

Also what's wrong with kids eye sight nowadays? The only time I can't see where I'm going at night is when some tit with hids is coming towards me.

Then I must be a nob. Hence the sole purpose of this thread lol!

I reckon you're right.. Ill get my dosh back and spend it on a set of good ol' Nightbreakers. :)

NEXT QUESTION, Foglights and spots?

(^ Just kidding :) )

"Well you'd best place me on hold and check then, as I don't want my car exploding and wiping out a small village and you then telling me I'm not covered ;)"

Off topic but that made me laugh....

In the news today a suspected terrorist attacked turned out to Most Easterly Pandas' Stilo....A Policeman commented while the incident was serious its still not the most catastrophic fault he'd seen with a Fiat...:devil:

lol at all the HID haters.

Got them in all our cars and they are great. Self dimming mirrors are also the way forward for all you people that get blinded all the time. Or rear window tints work too.

Back