General Hi to all............

Currently reading:
General Hi to all............

Hi Folks, Just to get going, I'm picking up a Qubo Durologic next week. Looking forward to getting it, its to replace my tired Kia. Hope its as good on fuel as they say, though I know it will need a few miles to loosen up. Cheers all. Qube O.:)

Its a great car - its what I have - but you may be disappointed with the fuel consumption

Mine's averaging 41mpg over the first 2000 miles - and that's without caning it (there's no point anyway:))

I guess if you drive a big orange brick (even a multijet brick), that's what you get...

Hi Calvjones. I seem to be getting better MPG than you, have just put my first fill in, and according to the on board computer I've returned a av of 48.9 MPG. I've worked out the figures, and I make it slightly better at 52.1, but who cares for a new engine thats pretty good. When its got a few miles under its belt, and I've really got to understand the Durologic Box, I hope for even better..................:DCheers Qube O

Hi Ian, Its a 1.3 Multijet Diesel. I'm well taken with it, bit like the 'Dr Who' Tardis really, so much room in so small a space. Just getting the hang of this gearbox now, and for the first time today I've put it into 'economy mode', looking forward to seeing how it alters the fuel consumption. I've noticed it rev's a lot lower re' gear changes in 'economy', will report back when I next fill up with fuel. Take care now, Qube O.

I'm toying with the idea of changing my Panda 1.2 for a Qubo...........
Dunno if I can live with that huge snout????? sigh!!!

If it were the Fiorino, yes its a VAN!!!!

I get (according to my body computer) 59.6 mpg during the warmer months, but that in the winter months is about 54mpg....

Ian

Hi Calvjones. I seem to be getting better MPG than you, have just put my first fill in, and according to the on board computer I've returned a av of 48.9 MPG. I've worked out the figures, and I make it slightly better at 52.1, but who cares for a new engine thats pretty good. When its got a few miles under its belt, and I've really got to understand the Durologic Box, I hope for even better..................:DCheers Qube O

That's pretty good. Downside of living in the Valleys perhaps is poorer fuel consumption. However, I'm lucky to get 47, 48 on a run!

Anyone else want to chip in with consumption figures? Might bump the thread..

Hi Calvjones, Went out with the family for the day on Sunday, used the economy mode on the gearbox, a mix of driving, traffic, A roads and Motorway. Fuel average was 55.6, great. Engine is still well short of 3000 miles, so its looking good for the future.
Cheers Qube O

Hi Farnboyer, Go treat yourself, and that snout, its not as big as it looks. The whole motor is 'funky'. Enjoy.
Cheers Qube O:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just been away for a few days, traveled from our home in the midlands to South Shields, Newcastle-upon-tyne. Most of the route was motorway, or fast dual-carriageway, on these I was holding 70, up to 75 at times for short distances, and down to 65 on long drags. Total mileage was 435, and the mpg calculated by the on-board computer was 58.2. I'm impressed. The car was loaded with 4 people, and luggage.

What I did notice was a slight judder in 6th gear, when the power dropped off, because of a slow lorry e.t.c, and I put more pressure on the throttle to lift the speed back up. A couple of times I downshifted a gear which solved the judder. Are they all like this, is it a normal trait ?

Any answers much appreciated.

Bye now, Qube O:D

Mine is a 1.3 multijet as well. Already 18K miles, best consumption 55mpg. Average: 49mpg. It depends your driving stile. If you are not in rush and do not care about slowing the traffic behind you on traffic lights and roundabouts, you can do 55mpg, I am sure.

Yes, but if you do care about slowing people down, and you should, what's the real-time consumption like?

They should have fitted the 1.6 Diesel and made a quicker, more economical car.

Ditto the petrol: fit the 1.4 130 Multi-air and give the punters safe performance with economy and lower tax.

I keep going on about this, but Fiat's insistence on underengining its cars, with all the knock-ons of poor performance and economy gets me really riled. Thye are losing sales because of it.

Hi Ivantate, The judder is only noticeable when asking for extra acceleration, for overtaking, or up a long hill. Never noticed the rev's, but the speed was around the 60-65 MPH mark. Soon lost it when I asked the gearbox to select 5th gear, then when speed lifted and gear box changed back into 6th the judder had gone. Cheers Qube O.

Hi Lucismani, Yes I agree the Qubo 1.3 MJD Durologic is not the fastest cat I have ever owned, and will win no races on the standing start. But its not that slow, either on a standing start or on the open road. Its all a matter of using the available power to best advantage.
I have no problems keeping up with most of the traffic in front of me, and do not slow cars following me down.
A great little car, bigger engine ??, double edged sword I would expect.
I'm only doing local motoring now, maybe as low as 4 mile, or up to 25 mile journeys, but my average consumption figure is still in the 50s.
Cheers Qube O

Hi Ulpain, I bow to your longer, and possibly better knowledge/experience of these small engined Fiats. This is my 1st, but boy am I impressed. All in all a far better car to drive in all respects than my previous motor.
Cheers Qube O

i have now driven mums 1.3mj qubo a few times its a nice car high driving position and all but the engine is appaling it lacks any ooomph under 2ooo rpm before turbo kicks in and hesitates when you ask it to pull away in any gear. i know the panda is lighter but mine has the same 1.3mj engine ok 5bhp less than qubo but it feels a much better engine

Hi Pandaman 08. I wonder if being a fit younger fella, your more expectant of get up and go in buckets, whereas the more experienced folks value other things like good design, and versatility. My motor pulls away just fine, but not if you give it a lot of whelly, if you do then the revs go up, and it takes a lurch & time to move into 2nd. Try a more gentle approach, be light on the gas and work with the vehicle, mine changes up to 2nd within the first 15-25metre, with the revs below 1200.
It takes a while to get the hang of these Durologic Gearboxes, I've only had mine for a short while, and only done just over 1000 miles, and though I was a professional driver I'm still learning how to get the best from it. A little patience, and you may find its rather good. I am assuming, perhaps wrongly that your Moms is a auto, if not my apologies, I have not driven a manual.
Cheers Qube O

Last edited:
Back