Technical HGT Induction Kit

Currently reading:
Technical HGT Induction Kit

Thor1980

Hi all,

I got my Pipercross Induction kit for my Bravo HGT this morning and have finally installed it after several hundred swear words, heh:

Here's what it looked like before with the standard air filter installed:
100_0740.JPG

And now:
100_0756.JPG

100_0757.JPG

The standard air box was a total SOD to remove, imho anyways. Does it look like i've installed it right?

TIA, James. :)

looks good dude... how did u take the bottom of the airbox out?? im having a bit of trouble taking the stupid thing out....

Well according to the pitiful instructions that came with the pipercross kit it says I'm supposed to remove the wheel arch and wheel then drop the bottom box through the arch, now considering my car is parked on a uphill type driveway this clearly wasn't an option so after about an hour or so and several cuts from trying 2 squeeze the damn box through I snapped and got out the garden sheers (the ones u use for big branches and require 2 hands to use) and hacked away at the box, brute force wins again, heh. :D
>The old air box is no more.

LOL!

yeah its kinda ment to go out the bottom of the wheel arch.

to be fair i couldnt be arsed either and just cut it half, i had already broken mine though.

fitting looks okay but you will need to cover up the vents in the wheel arch liner to stop your filter getting covered in mud.

LOL!

yeah its kinda ment to go out the bottom of the wheel arch.

to be fair i couldnt be arsed either and just cut it half, i had already broken mine though.

fitting looks okay but you will need to cover up the vents in the wheel arch liner to stop your filter getting covered in mud.
Yeah was wandering about that, I'll do that 2moro now when hopefully my Marea lights arrive. :)

you dont need to remove the whole wheelarch liner, just the airbox access panel, its very easy to do.

where did you get that red silicone pipe from? mine is blue and i hate it, i need red!

its very important to cover the vents in the wheelarch.

Last edited:
you dont need to remove the whole wheelarch liner, just the airbox access panel, its very easy to do.

where did you get that red silicone pipe from? mine is blue and i hate it, i need red!
I was hoping for a Blue one to match my bravo, as that's the colour they show on the pipercross site, yet I get sent a Red one, typical! :(
ThePipercrossShop

Jug you should note that according to 'ThePipercrossShop' they state that 'the colours can sometimes vary' so there is NO Guarantee that you will get a Red or Blue one from them if you order, I guess you could always order a silicone tube in a colour you like from elsewhere maybe?

Yeah more on the vents in the arch lining, if you dont cover them up your filter will be wrecked in no time, simple solution Ive found is to cut black pond liner to size and silicon into place. Works a treat and looks ok (y)

Back