Technical Help, what have I done?

Currently reading:
Technical Help, what have I done?

anc

I've just changed the rocker box gasket on my 98 Cinq S (899). This seems to have stopped the oil leaking all over the place but on completion of the job and refitting of all pipes etc I started it up and it was running really fast! I tracked this down to a piece of crud between the throttle and the throttle stop. I then started it again expecting the usual quick tickover followed by a nice steady tickover. Instead it started up a bit faster than usual and held the tickover at higher than usual reves. I blipped the throttle by hand, this dropped the revs which immediately picked up again then dropped then picked up, this happened a few times then held at higher than usual revs again.:bang: Please, can anybody shed some light on this problem? I don't fancy driving it with the engine running at about 2500-3000 revs:cry:
EDIT:....just checked the Haynes bible, possibly a vacuum leak at the throttle body. I'll check it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Right, just got back in, I lifted the throttle body, removed the metal plate that fits between it and the manifold/rocker cover (weird set up that!), turned it over and refitted it. Screwed everything back together and it's all back to normal.(y)
Thanks for the suggestions chaps.:)

Back