Technical Help required

Currently reading:
Technical Help required

clarecv3

Hi

Me again!! thanks to everyone who helped with the cluth question.

I have a few more queries.

1 - Why is the engine management light coming on, does it mean something is wrong???

2 - When I start the engine in the mornings there is a high pitched squeak for a few seconds.

3 - The jets for the rear and front windscreen are not working, the bottle is full but with no water coming out. I was offered advice on this but I didnt understand it much and wonder is this something halfords fix???

4 - On its last MOT there was a warning type note about rust, how do i go about fixing this.

Please tell me that these are not major as I am skint, I have only had the car for 2 months.

Also if there is anyone local and wants to fix these without the heafty charges of a mechanic then let me know.

1 - Assuming it stays on, yes something is wrong.

2 - Alternator belt, it needs tensioning properly. Not major.

3 - Does anything happen? Any noise from the drivers side front wing? The pumps are there, jack the car up, remove the wheel, remove the arch liner and you'll see them. Halfords won't fix this.. why would they :confused:

4 - Tell us what the warning said, what you've said is far too vauge!

Item 3 on your list.

Sometimes the front washer hose gets pinched between the bonnet and the front bulkhead.

Just open the bonnet and push the hose further into the bonnet recess.
Then try it with the bonnet open.
This assumes you can hear the pump working when you activate the washer control.

I found this out by accident :(

RALPH

i had my jets pack in £2 from a scrappy each pop new ones on job done (if your wiring is fine)

depends where your rust is, usually sand off the rush and smooth it off and hammerite id say (unless someone else has a better idea) oh and not on hot things like the exhaust.

check all the sensors, i had a few warning lights on after a clutch change worked out a few sensors had been knocked, so worth a look.

Hi

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post. I did mention that I was a little simple and it wasnt the front wiper jet that wasnt working, it was in fact my own stupid fault and not pulling the stick hard enough. That said the rear wiper jet still doesnt work.

I have checked the nozzle and it isnt frozen, the tubeing appears to be in good condition and not trapped anywhere, and the water bottle is full, the rear motor arm is working when i press the button so I have no idea on why this isn working.

I am going to battle the rust in the spring as I was told that it wouldnt work in wet/damp weather.

Thanks again everyone

For the rust we really need to know more. It's rare for MOT to comment on it unless it's in a prescribed area (usually suspension or seat belt mount).

Depends on the garage in my experience, the one I go to gives advisories for things (including rust) that wouldn't become a major problem for a long while, whereas some garages don't bother with the orange sheet at all.

Back