Technical Help removing door pins

Currently reading:
Technical Help removing door pins

Abarth 695

Hi does anyone know the technique to remove the door hinge pins on the suicide doors? Car is going for acid dip and need to remove doors...

Hi does anyone know the technique to remove the door hinge pins on the suicide doors? Car is going for acid dip and need to remove doors...
I don't know specifics on your model.
However if you are trying to remove the door hinge pins rather than the door hinge by undoing bolts on mounting brackets, in the old days I had a tool that used the correct size shaped bolts that dropped inside the dowel that the hinge turns on, this in turn was located into a groove on the tool which was a strong square section bar, which you then held in one hand and hit the end nearest to the pin which drove the dowel pin down and out of the slot thereby releasing the door hinge, the same with the other hinge. Obviously some one had to support the door at the same time.
It was a standard available tool which I may still have in my garage, although it could take days to find ;).

thanks I have just got and bought on e of these. The hinges are part of the door they don't bolt off.

Attachments

• M670.jpg
    M670.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 35
thanks I have just got and bought on e of these. The hinges are part of the door they don't bolt off.
Are , good I expect that will do the job.
I did fine my tool. Looking at yours it will provide a nice steady pressure, whereas mine gave it a shock to move it.
It did do the job though I haven't needed it in over 30 years :).

Attachments

• DSCF0684.JPG
    DSCF0684.JPG
    452.3 KB · Views: 32
Back