Technical *HELP* Punto head torque

Does anyone actually know the correct torque specs

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Spudder

Hi, iv got a fiat Punto Evo 2010 1.4 8v .... I'm doing the head gasket on however I'm finding so many contradicting head bolt torque specs online it's unreal. Can someone please tell me the correct torque for the head bolts and torque pattern for these head bolts please

Much appreciated
Spud

What is the engine series number?
Does any of this look familiar?

Attachments

• DSCF1042.JPG
    DSCF1042.JPG
    453.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1043.JPG
    DSCF1043.JPG
    453.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hi Mike, sorry I'm not sure of the engine number. Can it be found from the reg WR10GZB?
I can't , but you may see it on on the chassis /vin plate or sometimes in the V%c log book or your owners handbook.
Can you see if any of your numbers match up with the numbers at the top of the pages I gave you.

I can't , but you may see it on on the chassis /vin plate or sometimes in the V%c log book or your owners handbook.
Can you see if any of your numbers match up with the numbers at the top of the pages I gave you.
Hi, it will be the top right on the 1st page Punto Evo 1.4

Hi, iv got a fiat Punto Evo 2010 1.4 8v .... I'm doing the head gasket on however I'm finding so many contradicting head bolt torque specs online it's unreal. Can someone please tell me the correct torque for the head bolts and torque pattern for these head bolts please

Much appreciated
Spud
Does the kit not show the pattern..
My 1108cc FIRE kits always did

Look in the Cinq section for some useful GUIDES

(My panda ones potentially don't cover that..)

Does the kit not show the pattern..
My 1108cc FIRE kits always did

Look in the Cinq section for some useful GUIDES

(My panda ones potentially don't cover that..)
Can't find anything at all and nope the kit dosent say 😕

Some basic pointers..

Last edited:
So will it be 15 then 29 then 90* then 90* again but what pattern
In the absence of any advice to the contrary, I usually work from centre out in a spiral.
With stretch bolts I always clean and lightly lube the threads in the block and wind the new bolts all the way down to try them in the threads.
There is all ways a difference of opinion on this, but stretch bolts especially I trust my ways.;)

In the absence of any advice to the contrary, I usually work from centre out in a spiral.
With stretch bolts I always clean and lightly lube the threads in the block and wind the new bolts all the way down to try them in the threads.
There is all ways a difference of opinion on this, but stretch bolts especially I trust my ways.;)
Also noticed these have metal head gaskets. Do they require silicone gasket application or no? Never done one with a metal head gasket before

Thanks

Some basic pointers..

Thanks.

Also..
Also noticed these have metal head gaskets. Do they require silicone gasket application or no? Never done one with a metal head gasket before

Thanks
Usually the gasket company advises against that except in certain circumstances.
Generally if head and block are clean and flat and correct torque etc. followed then no problems.
About the only time I would use any sealant would be where the gasket is around a timing chain area with oil sloshing about.

Find any manual for 8V FIRE engine (with M9 thread bolts), torque specs will be the same (like 20 Nm -> 30 Nm -> 90 degrees -> 90 deg.), pattern too (it's universal "star pattern" for most engines, you start from the center bolts and work toward outer ones).

Last edited:
Back