General Help Fitting Fascia to radio

Currently reading:
General Help Fitting Fascia to radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Hottwire

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum this is not only my first post but also my first car.

Right I've read through similar threads (would link to them but as I'm new I can't)
I seem to of bought one of those Autoleads one's off of Ebay, to which I had no luck and also bought one from the local halfords to no luck as well, is there some sort of nack to it or just pure luck? Also if anyone could link me to one that would fit straight away, no hassle for a decent price would be much appreciated, as of at present my head unit not only looks odd and out of place but rather easy to yank out, and I don't want that.

Thanks for your help :)

with mine i put one side in then pushed hard and the other side went in, assuming there just a tight fit, very tight. it goes on after a while :p

punto mk2 yeah?
i fitted an autoleads facia for someone a few years back and found it to be poor fitting too.
just roll up at halfords and buy one if u cant get the existing one to fit.
fit the new one straight away in the car park and keep taking it back until u get one in the shop that actually fits. i did it 3 times infront of the ripspeed guy to prove to him each one was slightly different. got there in the end tho.
really poor from autoleads considering the amount of these things they make

Sorry I should of mentioned its a 2003 Fiat Punto Active so I assume its MK 2?

Also thanks for the help so far, will give the one I have from eBay another go and then try the shop trick :D

Sorry I should of mentioned its a 2003 Fiat Punto Active so I assume its MK 2?

Also thanks for the help so far, will give the one I have from eBay another go and then try the shop trick :D
03 will be the mk2b (does it have the big headlights instead of the thin ones?)
I know halfords sell them so just do as mentioned before or even buy it and ask someone to come fit it for you so if it doesnt fit they can go get another one for you instead of you doing it (y)

Just posted a pic of it in the garage but shall add a picture to this thread too, as to make it easier :) Again sorry as its my first car I really am in the blue as to what is what on it.

Attachments

• Punto - Just Bought.jpg
    Punto - Just Bought.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Just posted a pic of it in the garage but shall add a picture to this thread too, as to make it easier :) Again sorry as its my first car I really am in the blue as to what is what on it.
Ah it is the mk2 version. either way the mk2 and mk2b stereo surround are the same lol

i had the exact same problem with mine as they are all made in a generic factory in china so it doesn't matter where you get it they are all the same template, i picked up one from a radio shop for £3 found it didn't fit, took it back and then got one for £10 from halfords, that was identical so i took it back and got the £3 one again.

the trick to fitting them is to lightly file the inside of the stereo surround on the car, so that the 2 hooks on the fascia can click in, just keep lightly filling the slots until you get a snug fit.

also don't worry if your destroying something that the stock radio fits into etc as its is just an area that have weight reduction slots and the fascia will have been designed to take advantage of them.

i hope that helps(y)

Last edited:
03 = Mk2
53 = MK2b

And im in the same boat here
Auto-Facia thingy off ebay - Didnt fit
returned for refund

Went to halfords - still dont fit :(
I've just lived with it to be honest

The Lugs Just aint quiet long enough to click both sides down and in
Mines just held in place with the Stereo's surround to cover up the cage

Ziggy

The Lugs Just aint quiet long enough to click both sides down

:yeahthat: that's why you have to file the bits they clip into down, i probably took about 2-3mm off each side on mine and now its a perfect fit, although there is a little surround showing at the top but i cant do anything about that the fascia isn't tall enough

attachment.php

This is a Mk2 - with the thin headlights - better looking (and faster). ;)

Last edited:
Cheers for all the replies so far guys, will let you know how I get on when I get a chance to do it :)

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back