Hello

Currently reading:
Hello

ton176

Hello everybody. It took me almost 1/2 an hour to figure out how this forum works. Im not familiar with such things. Hope you are all FIAT mad as me. Anyone likes tuning? I do. Wanna share any ideas?;)

So this works! I think.
Yes. I have a silver mett. Bravo 1.6 SX. Bought it new December 99. Only air filter mods. till now, but have got a spare engine to play with. Is your's tuned?

Welcome ton176!:)

Glad you sussed the forum out!

My Panda is not tuned. You've got me thinking, tho - I may treat her to a K&N filter - if they make one!

Cheers
John

1074757.jpg

Pandaman if they don't make a specific one you'll be able to fit a universal one.

ton176, yep my Bravos modified, 17" wheels (only Fiat set in the UK at present), Pipercross Induction Kit, Red Dot 20grooved discs front and rear, with fast road brake pads, 30mm Eibach lowered suspension and a meshed front bumper.
Unfortunately, someone pulled out on me when I was driving down a dual-carriageway and wrecked the front end;). Is currently being repaired.:) but I won't have it back before christmas.
I'll add the before and after pics if you want?

Si.
2.0 20v Black HGT

Pandaman. If you dont mind messing around with a hack saw and some PVC glue, I tell you what I did to my Bravo's induction system.
First I took out the entire pipe work including the piece that pics up fresh air from behind the front grill, the air filter box and the sort of restrictor with two bolges connected to it. I beleive the last is a sort of silencer to smooth out the beutiful 16V engine groul. This left me with just the trottle body. I made up a staight piece of 63mm dia. S.Steel tubing to which I teed the sump breather, to replace the 'silencer' (the engine did not work when I left the breather open or just connected a small filter to it, guess the sump is connected to the induction somwhere else aswell and has to be under constant vacum). To this I connected the second rubber bend which used to go between the 'silencer' and filter box. Using 63mm PVC drain pipework, I continued the installation till right behind the grill where Ifitted a Y piece to split the system in two( this Y piece is optional. you con just fit the new filter here). I then reduced both inlets to 40mm diam. and fitted a couple of short pices to the inlets, one being as short as possible to mount the filter on, the other 1.5 times longer. This makes the inlets staggerd and is suppose to produce a slightly offbeat effect to the induction pulses. What it really does is amplify the pulses slightly especially over 4000rpm. A couple of alloy tumpets and Pipercross sock filters complete the setup. The engine sounds better than it goes now and I find myseflf constantly trying to keep revs over 4000. Performance doesnt seem to have been effected thou, but two air filters instead of one take longer to clog up. Anyway it souds better than some highly modified autos out there, I just have to remember not to race them at the lights.
Hope this was of any help, and no, PVC tubeing does not melt with engine heat and it looks cool when slightly sanded and sprayed with a can of silver mettallic paint.

Back