hello and help

Currently reading:
hello and help

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 people putting fiats down in the last two weeks and its not even silly month july
strange world out there innit

Really? or is it spam?

I have Punto HGT from choice and I know they can be fragile. Previously an Audi A4.

My mother had a Panda 60 automatic, before that a Golf (not especially reliable) and before that an Uno that was faultless.

My brother's Italian Uno went nearly 200K and was scrapped purely because Italian law now makes pre Euro 2 cars illegal to use. He has has an Alfa 156 JTD
he's importing because he loves it so much.

Stupid question for here dont you think? :bang:

I have 6 cars, 4 are fiats.

And I actually drive a 3 week old ford...cost, 17k, But I wouldn't give up my puntos.

I also donate to the forum, that saves money, time and headaches.

I should also state, that the only reason I got a ford, was due to a suitable fiat being unavailable at the time. Otherwise I would have had the punto evo for sure.

But the good thing with having the ford...I don't have to worry about it...i don't actually care about it enough :p

don't get me wrong, the cinqy and punto are both cracking little cars, shame fiat couldn't invest more money into driver aids, LIKE A DAMN TEMP GAUGE, i accept the tachometer is purely my choice. bit iffy in the wet, but good cars. just wouldn't have bought one if the choice was there. was hoping to win either the clio or fiesta but we bought a new laptop last week as pc went pear shaped, which ate the car budget. just happened to find a punto with -1 days mot and a months tax for £225

this is the poor listing on ebay, which if you note says 1.2 in title and no mention of his brake concerns. which passed mot with flying colours, just the small hole in floor major concern. have taken pass seat and rear seat out and moved carpet ready for welding, put em back meself, save half the cost of labour that way. mate owns garage so done cheap, but by the book. should be legal this time tomorrow. £50 bill.

so 225 bought the car, 50 for welding, fiver for downpipe/manifold gasket and 30 for mot. all in all cost us £310. after a damn good polish i reckon its gotta be worth putting back on for 450 reserve. but i'll keep it for a few months then put it back on ebay with a 450 reserve, looking shiney, 9 months mot 4 months tax. good prospect for anyone.

may keep bit longer but its a stop gap until i get another 4x4 when i'm working again.

its basic duties will be tip runs, weighing any cable/metal scrap i can blag for pocket money and taking me six dogs up on the plain for there daily runaround.

what does a wireless keyboard have to do with anything :confused:

it keeps rolling tobacco etc from falling in the keys of the spanking new laptop, keep it in its cover with 19 '' monitor and wireless k/b mouse. k/b using has bits under keys, tobacco etc (which from other post i should be sticking in mouth LOL)

weird bit is J key dosn't usualy stick, but being a qualified typist often don't always notice mistakes until after i've hit return. wondered why i had difficulty in logging in yesterday after registration

but its nothing to do with spelling your username wrong or how you have been in this thread

and just hoover your keyboard or get a can of air duster (y)

MY usual choice of vehicle,

1a2.jpg

2a1.jpg

3a.jpg

brooklands 2010 emergency services day

4a.gif

apart from response work we also had ponies which needed towing when necessary. unfortunaly due to being out of work had to down grade motor till summer when i'll trade in for another 4x4 with luck.

hence why i'm not happy about being forced down to a crappy little car albeit a fiat!! although the insurance and fuel costs are saving us around 100 a month. £75 a month insurance down to nothing, 10-15 a DAY in fuel down to that a WEEK. thanks government for pricing me out of me usual ride.

rehosted and back on here (y)

I think 10 people should send 10p to him ,so he can change hes user name ,i will if his attitude changes and he stops moaning

I think he is and maybes we should give him a chance now (y)

well as you all havn't the chance to know me you probably think i'm an arrogant bar steward, and you'd be right a lot of the time. bad childhood.

however if you see the pics above missy has kindly hosted for me (thankyou) you will notice that they wear amber lights and the paj has 4x4 response all over it.

what you can't see is the hidden amber grill lights, rear hidden lights and the fire extinguishers x2, the tow ropes/strops, the jump leads and tools i use to help other stranded motorists when i had them.

I am a member of hampshire and berkshire 4x4 response, we use our vehicles (used) to aid blue light services in times of need i.e snow over last 18 months.

I personally escourted paramedics in my vehicle to and from work as they couldn't use there own vehicles, i have also carried WRVS ladies around reading delivering meals on wheels during the snowy weather. I live bloody miles from reading. was approx 120 miles a day doing that. yes we got diesel tokens, but that was it. I got diesel recompense. I had to insure myself for business use, which the group also carry, but the rules say , to use vehicle for hire or reward you must have business use, and the diesel tokens meant just that, reward.

ive always stopped for broken down cars to make sure the few percent of the nation who don't have a mobile can call for help. changed wheels on road side, removed broken exhausts, even towed a few of the A303 after breakdowns/accidents. so all in all, normally a good guy, just lose the plot now and then.

apologies if i upset anyone, but my views on fiat stand, wouldn't buy one out of choice, but they are good cars. was a shame the cinqy got hurt and not sold on or scrapped, at least they'd of been a more fitting end then getting shunted into a generator.

well as you all havn't the chance to know me you probably think i'm an arrogant bar steward, and you'd be right a lot of the time. bad childhood.

however if you see the pics above missy has kindly hosted for me (thankyou) you will notice that they wear amber lights and the paj has 4x4 response all over it.

what you can't see is the hidden amber grill lights, rear hidden lights and the fire extinguishers x2, the tow ropes/strops, the jump leads and tools i use to help other stranded motorists when i had them.

I am a member of hampshire and berkshire 4x4 response, we use our vehicles (used) to aid blue light services in times of need i.e snow over last 18 months.

I personally escourted paramedics in my vehicle to and from work as they couldn't use there own vehicles, i have also carried WRVS ladies around reading delivering meals on wheels during the snowy weather. I live bloody miles from reading. was approx 120 miles a day doing that. yes we got diesel tokens, but that was it. I got diesel recompense. I had to insure myself for business use, which the group also carry, but the rules say , to use vehicle for hire or reward you must have business use, and the diesel tokens meant just that, reward.

ive always stopped for broken down cars to make sure the few percent of the nation who don't have a mobile can call for help. changed wheels on road side, removed broken exhausts, even towed a few of the A303 after breakdowns/accidents. so all in all, normally a good guy, just lose the plot now and then.

apologies if i upset anyone, but my views on fiat stand, wouldn't buy one out of choice, but they are good cars. was a shame the cinqy got hurt and not sold on or scrapped, at least they'd of been a more fitting end then getting shunted into a generator.

Finally...can wish you a proper...Welcome to the forum (y)

Hopefully you will find it helpful and aid you in saving and making a few quid on your new purchase :)

getting diesel paid isnt reward its expences, reward is anything ontop of what expences is

unfortunatly dave, as far as the insurance companies are concerned and i changed insurance during the response membership, any thing you get paid whilst driving is either hire or reward.

you pay my diesel for taking you home thats reward. i've been rewarded with money for my service.

think insurance companies have a dictionary, when you look up expenses it says, see hire and reward LOL

unfortunatly dave, as far as the insurance companies are concerned and i changed insurance during the response membership, any thing you get paid whilst driving is either hire or reward.

you pay my diesel for taking you home thats reward. i've been rewarded with money for my service.

think insurance companies have a dictionary, when you look up expenses it says, see hire and reward LOL
after a while of being on here u will know that all/most of us on here are really helpful and friendly and its a real nice place to be

Last edited by a moderator:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back