hello and help

Currently reading:
hello and help

Status
Not open for further replies.
my old cinqy and i did like that little car. did some good trips to tip and taking dogs out.

my paj would have got a ticket if i tried to put it in this space..............

14012011470.jpg

and its shocking end. you can see where i hit the geny and the bend. last time i went up there it was a straight road. building site to right, (left in pic) glanced across as construction site labourer.

a moment eyes of road, a road that changed with no new road layout signs, covered speed limit signs, signs layed out in a confusing manor. but these arn't valid arguments according to plod, so possibly driving without due care and attention to follow. if i argue the above best case scenario is 3 points, but six on way most likely as i'll plead by post. although have missed one packet which was signed for, so hoping that was the summons. heard if not received within 14 days they can't touch me, fingers x'd. pics...............

08032011576.jpg

08032011577.jpg

reckon i hit brakes at about 40 and must of still been doing 30 when i hit it, apparantly i shunted it over 20 feet.

PEOPLE, SPEEDING AIN'T BIG IT AIN'T CLEVER. IT GETS YOU IN SH*T WITH LAW AND DOES THAT TO YOUR MOTOR.

Having attended a speeding awareness coarse for a ticket i got in jan not long after this shunt, i learnt a lot.

did you know that if you hit the brakes at forty, at the point you would have come to a halt if doing 30 you will still be doing 30mph from forty. the add with the little girl, you know the one, if you hit me at 30 theres a 95% chance i'll survive and a 40 a 95% chance i'll die, its a true story. that was a hampshire girl. the driver took her road to work everyday, its an avenue 30mph. he took that road as he knew there was no police checks or cameras. he was doing 40mph. the little girl was leaving the house with her mum, her mum turned to lockthe dead lock on the door. the little girl saw her best friend in the world across the street and in elation of this ran across to greet her.............................

the driver killed her. in the add, you see her get up, her wrists straighten out, he hit her that hard her wrists snapped back on themselves. I can be a heartless basta*d, that story brought a tear to my eye and yes i still speed, but god do I observe 20/30 mph speed limits to the letter.

sod speeding tickets, that was an eye opening 3 1/2 hours which changed my life and views o n speeding. I live on a 20 mph limit, these were introduced as if you are speeding its likely you'll still be under 30 mph. theres a formula for the velocity i can't remember.
but at 1 mph the velocity force = 1

at 30 mph the velocity force = 900
at 40 mph the velocity force = 1600

the human body can handle between 750 and 900. so at 31 your're pretty much guaranteed to kill someone. look at my car abov again, now imagine one of those dudes was operating that generator. i shudder to think what would have happened. death by dangerous driving probably. four years in jail and a lifetime of regret and sorrow, and someones father/husband/brother / friend killed for the sake of someone driving like a ****.

i hope the above does make just one person sit up and think, oh sh*t thats me. cause we all speed, but its the consequences we have to live with. that coarse was worth every minute and i think that everydriver shoud attend one compulsary. its all good educating after the fact, prevention is better than cure.

didn't mean to lecture, but i thought i'd share some of my learnings after showing the above. don't want you all thinking i'm just a looney with heavy foot.

I LEARNT A VALUABLE LESSON. not from the accident, if i do get the points and fine, whoopy sh*t, so my insurance increases by £50. YES thats all six points cost, its the lives wrecked if you hit someone YOU have to live with.

Last edited:
Glad you learnt from the speed/accident and lucky as you say that it could have been a whole lot worse...

Also glad to see you got yet another fiat to replace :)

EDIT: Thread cleaned...lets get back to talking cars here huh (y)

Last edited:
oooh, what fun, i can drive my little punto sometime tomorrow. hows that for back on topic.(y)

so jobs to do,

1 get it to garage for welding and re test.
2 bring her 300 yards home again and refit carpet and seats. (good job i'm handy with a spanner :lol:
3 a damn good clean. re wash, t cut and wax.
4 remove hub caps and respray silver as look pee poor.
5. fit dog guard so my babies can have there playtime back. (6 dogs)

at least theres a little more room in this one LOL

leaving rear seat base off as hardly ever carry passengers and seat back goes flatter for dog guard. only two bolts to refit. less than ten minute job. at least the cinqys went dead flat.

for the record, my dad had one of these in 90, motability, three years i slagged that car off then joined hire car firm and had to drive one. was impressed. even more so when we got the ragtop in. we couldn't keep motors like that in salisbury, so i had to take it to a bigger depot, yes drove to bournemouth in the rain with roof down LOL:eek:

should be a decent looking motor by then.

i would scrap the t cut and just wash it clay it wash it again then polish it (i recommend auto glym super resin polish) and then wax it

that will really bring the best out of the paint work

i would scrap the t cut and just wash it clay it wash it again then polish it (i recommend auto glym super resin polish) and then wax it

that will really bring the best out of the paint work

wifeys paying so auto glym out LOL

whats claying it?? i already have some t cut so just need polish, but if you look at my pics its already in better shape than when we bought it.

check the ebay link. talk about poor photography for an advert!!

this was my favourite vehicle, ford maverick (nissan terrano is disguise) built by nissan, only ford parts were the bloody badges LOL, even parts on it were stamped nissan lol. that is clay basically mixed with mud, spin the wheels and sank to the diffs.(n) tank pulled me out coming of exercise.(y)
1a2.jpg

however still do me best to make the punto nice, should make a tidy profit on it when i can afford to insure another 4x4. miss the plains, went out everyday off roading, living on salsibury plain was rude not to LOL
BTW was clean an hour before, washed it the evening before after a days off roading. what joy

Last edited:
wifeys paying so auto glym out LOL

whats claying it?? i already have some t cut so just need polish, but if you look at my pics its already in better shape than when we bought it.

auto glym isnt to expensive you can get a litre for around the 10 pound mark if you look around online

if your on a tight budget claying probably isn't an option but if you look in the car care section theres a sticky for a basic car washing guide and its in that and has a video linked as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back