Technical Hello & Help - broken light fitting

Currently reading:
Technical Hello & Help - broken light fitting

sibutterbean

Hi everyone
First time 500 owner here.
Just picked up a lovely lounge for my wife to use as a run about or so I thought...

4B23FFD0-0F27-4F4E-8551-E5E2BE508E0A.jpeg

However it would appear that the previous owner did a bit of a bodge on it, I’m guessing whilst trying to repair the obvious accident damage on the NSF corner.

The Front NS indicator bulb stopped working.
I popped the cover off and the bulb fell out.

This is where it gets puzzling, the bulb had two wires cable tied to it.
9B9A905B-DD14-42E8-8422-7E89D250365A.jpeg
I took out the OSF bulb and saw that it’s got the PY24W style bulbs.
Get a replacement for the NS pop it in, nothing.

So I took some pictures of the units where the bulb sits.

68ABAA76-F7F5-48B7-8018-F93655A2B87C.jpeg
This is the OSF note the white ring.

6EDD2DED-4C51-4994-8BBB-8AA6EA42AC17.jpeg
NSF no ring on this.

My question is does anyone know why there is a difference between the two sides?
Is there a bit missing?
Am I missing something as to why the bulb isn’t working on the left but does on the right?

Any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated and help placate Mrs Butterbean who can’t use her car at the moment.

Over to you wonderful people.

hi Piccolo it looks like it’s for the same model. I think it’s an aftermarket headlight a DEPO?

Welcome
If it's been replaced the headlight if used or new pattern part would have come with the correct holders inside as they're integral to the unit?
It suggests a right bodge, personally I would replace the whole headlamp unit with a genuine used unit about £60-100 quickly looking.
As a get by if you can get the bulb to work however connected poke in hole cable tie in place and pop cover on at least it's drivable until the new one arrives?
E.g.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Welcome
If it's been replaced the headlight if used or new pattern part would have come with the correct holders inside as they're integral to the unit?
It suggests a right bodge, personally I would replace the whole headlamp unit with a genuine used unit about £60-100 quickly looking.
As a get by if you can get the bulb to work however connected poke in hole cable tie in place and pop cover on at least it's drivable until the new one arrives?
E.g.
I’ll have a look at that thanks.
I’ve just got back from eurocarparts and the DEPO light they’ve got in there is the same as the one fitted. It’s almost like it needs another part the white collar but no one knows anything about it.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back