Technical hellllllpppppp please

Currently reading:
Technical hellllllpppppp please

stevew71

My son recently purchased a fiat stilo 1.9 jtd dynamic 04 registration it suddenly developed a power steering fault so we changed the upper column then developed a glow plug failure so we replaced all the glow plugs. put a brand new battery on the car. now for no reason what so ever it turns over but will not start I'm totally lost on this all help or advice would be great as if this engine isn't running in the next couple of days they cannot fit the smart box and my son loses his insurance

Do you have pre heat light on? Do you have +vbat on glow plugs when light on? Does it cough at all? Wind drivers window down remove key close doors take batt neg off wait put it back on lock doors wait 2 mins re enter and re try!

Car imobilises if doors opened and key not used in a set time!

Hi. I think it was my stillo that had similar problem when I changed the battery, one of the wires had dropped down the back of the battery re- connected it and off it went.

Cris makes an obvious point about checking all the battery connections. Also check the fuel pump relay which should be located somewhere around the battery - sorry not familiar with the layout of the JTDs on a stilo to recall exactly where.

Also check you've not accidentally triggered the fuel cutout switch in the passenger cabin.

Crank sensor, as mentioned, can cause this particular fault but a failing crank sensor should make the car stall when hot to begin with, then get progressively more frequent stalling when hot, warm, until it refuses to start.

Artermis is right about crank sensor also would have warning triangle on dashboard lit.is that the case?I supose if fuel pump sw of(reset in passenger side front foot well) then low fuel rail pressure would also come up triggering warning triangle.are you on?

Back