General Heater not working

Currently reading:
General Heater not working

Punto Power 2

My Heater packed in a good while back which was fine as it wasn't cold then. The usual suspect block connector going into the resistor was the problem, I thought it was Seriously burnt out. I cut the connector off to be safe and made sure no wires were touching. Managed to get a new connector today after a little searching but when I connected it up nothing happened I also changed the resistor as the one on it was pretty rusty and I wasn't Sure of its condition. The 30 Amp fuse in the engine fuse box is fine. Bit lost at what to try next, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, many thanks John

Is that the blue and brown wires in the connector under passenger foot well? If so that's showing power. Also swapped over the relays to check still no joy there. Thanks for the suggestions.

Is that the blue and brown wires in the connector under passenger foot well? If so that's showing power. Also swapped over the relays to check still no joy there. Thanks for the suggestions.

If you have power at the motor then the relays and fuses are fine. . If you need heat quick just put an earth on the motor and see if it runs.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm?
Motor wires should be blue and grey/black.
You could check the resistance between the motor earth wire and ground.
It should be effectively nothing at full speed, increasing as you reduce to 1.

4 black/grey
3 blue/red
2 green/black
1 grey

Sorted man! Yesssssssssss it was the thick black earth in the block connector under the passenger foot well. Ive been having an irregular side light issue and today I saw a thread that suggested this. Thank you for the suggestions, I would have mentioned the side lights but didn't think the issue was related. Heat again once more ��

Last edited:
Back