Technical Heater Matrix??

Currently reading:
Technical Heater Matrix??

CWpete

As of recently whenever i put my in car heater on the hot setting i get a nasty smell of engine coolant!!! and when not using the heater for a couple of days when i turn on the heater i sometimes get a grey smoke like substance pouring out of the heater vents, this makes the car smell strongly of engine coolant!!!!!

Is this a damaged heater matrix, and is this easy to change myself???
Somebody suggested radweld, i tried it and it didn't seem to change anything, should i try another dose of it?

------------------
Pete
------------------
Cruisewilmslow.vispa.com

i would not rely on radweeld or any other such product, there are important electric items under the heater matrix you dont want to get these wet;)
the matrix is cheep but takes all day to do the job.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newheadrub1.JPG
newheadrub2.JPG
sigpic.JPG

Yes Dave did mine about 3 years ago and it was a right pain, but had no choice had to be done.The matrix was about £100 back then with discount but i think they have come down since then, good luck CWpete

Yes Dave did mine about 3 years ago and it was a right pain, but had no choice had to be done.The matrix was about £100 back then with discount but i think they have come down since then, good luck CWpete

Sorry, what the hell happened there, i was messing about with my profile perhaps that had something to do with it.

use something called barrs leak.
Its like a tube of dirt, cumble it in the water and let it
seel the pipes. Let the car tick over for a while.
I had the same problem smoke and water leaking every where
this solved the problem and have had no problems since and that
was 2 yrs ago

lennon

Back