General Heater issue - Burning smell / popping noise

Currently reading:
General Heater issue - Burning smell / popping noise

Hey guys.

I have a grande punto tjet 1.4 2009. For a whole now when you turn on my heater / blow it makes a popping cracking noise and also gives off a burning smell. Seems worse when i put the dial to blow onto yourself compared to blowing on windows.

Ive done some research and seems it can be the resistor and the wiring loom as culprit. But im finding that all the replacement wiring looms im finding has 5 wires where as mine has 4 (see pics). Is mine something different or am i going wrong somewhere?

Thanks again in advance.

Screenshot_20200310-200518.jpegImage_1583870258.jpegImage_1583870233.jpeg

Hi Emerson,

drawing clearly shows 5 wires @ switch (H081) and @ resistor block (O030) According to you pictures it seems the grounding wire (N=Nero=Black) is missing !!

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Attachments

• Heater Fan Wiring Manu.JPG
    Heater Fan Wiring Manu.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 70
Hi Emerson,

drawing clearly shows 5 wires @ switch (H081) and @ resistor block (O030) According to you pictures it seems the grounding wire (N=Nero=Black) is missing !!

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)
O God..so what does that.mean for me? Im the only owner of this car so ot.means was fitted incorrectly from new. In the terms of rectifying this what would this mean in terms of a fix?

Boostjunkeee Boostjunkeee Would love if you cast your eyes over thread, ive sent you a PM also as in need of some compare and contrast. thank you.

The fact yours still has factory tape around the loom and assuming apart from the burning smell it was working fine, I would not be concerned about 5 wires, I would just pull the spare terminal out the new plug in the captivity that’s not used (mirror your original wiring one by one)

Remove fan and make sure it’s not full of leaves or anything that can cause resistance in the fan motor while you are there

The fact yours still has factory tape around the loom and assuming apart from the burning smell it was working fine, I would not be concerned about 5 wires, I would just pull the spare terminal out the new plug in the captivity that’s not used (mirror your original wiring one by one)

Remove fan and make sure it’s not full of leaves or anything that can cause resistance in the fan motor while you are there

Hey boost thanks for getting back to me to. I have checked the blower and nothing was in there. In regards to new connector, do you know if it is just a pull out the wire or does it need a type of release tool. Sorry to be a pain but if you do get 5 mins, i would also appreciate if you could count your wires, just for peace of mind. thanks again though pal.

Hey boost thanks for getting back to me to. I have checked the blower and nothing was in there. In regards to new connector, do you know if it is just a pull out the wire or does it need a type of release tool. Sorry to be a pain but if you do get 5 mins, i would also appreciate if you could count your wires, just for peace of mind. thanks again though pal.

I no longer have mine otherwise I would, converted to a Bravo family now. Normally a very small pick to release a locking tab in the connector then the terminal pulls out from the back

I no longer have mine otherwise I would, converted to a Bravo family now. Normally a very small pick to release a locking tab in the connector then the terminal pulls out from the back

Thanks for this. Ill look to get ordering some parts and keep up dated on how things get on. Awww shame you've changed vehicle but at least your still in the fiat family. That fiat info in that head is priceless. thanks again.

Thanks for this. Ill look to get ordering some parts and keep up dated on how things get on. Awww shame you've changed vehicle but at least your still in the fiat family. That fiat info in that head is priceless. thanks again.

Yeah needed something bigger so got a Tjet sport running 195hp and Multijet 120 too, like to stick with a brand I’m familiar with

Back