Technical heater fans not blowing

Currently reading:
Technical heater fans not blowing

wilko1977

Hi there,just wondering if anyone can help,i have a stilo abarth and suddenly my heater fans have stopped working,temp controls and everything still work fine but the heaters do not blow out?

Sounds like the fan unit has gone......Had the same problem a couple of months back

is it a big job to replace the heater unit,if it is that which has gone.Where are the fuses for the blowers?

It all depends were you get it done, fiat wanted nearly 800.00 todo as the claim the dashboard has to be removed, in the end including the part i had it done for £234.00....There is a place in nottingham that does it. You would need to check your manual for were the fuses are located.

If you are interested in the place in Nottingham let me know and i'll give you the details

Lee+

Cheers mate,bit far from me but will def ring rang round to get quotes,getting a bit of a smell in the car,any ideas?
Regards Ian

Heater fan switch is controlled by one of them resistor thingies so it may not necessarily be the fans at all also could be faulty fan switch its self or a faulty relay I would first check that you have voltage going to the fan before you go paying out on a new unit :)

have checked all resistors/fuses/relays all seem fine,is it worth checking the pollen filter.
If so,where abouts is it?
Cheers Ian

have checked all resistors/fuses/relays all seem fine,is it worth checking the pollen filter.
If so,where abouts is it?
Cheers Ian

Pollen filter shouldn't affect the working of the fan electrically but if you want to change it check out the stilo guides for removal and replacement (y) [good old decks] :D

disclaimer-- the use of the word old in that message is used figuratively :)

cheers for the help,had it checked in my local garage friday and confirmed it is the heater control unit,they are doing it for £150

where is the garage you are getting it done for that price? whats break down between part / labour?

Back