Technical Headlight washers

Currently reading:
Technical Headlight washers

Headlight washers need cleanig. Today I tried to take them off but I couldn't figure out how it's done. Do I really need to take the bumper off :confused: ?

Yeah you need to take the bumper off. Theres a sort of nut and washer under the bumper holding each headlight washer jet to the bumper.

JoskeJTD

In a related question, I'm having my plain SX bumper changed for an ELX one with foglamps and washers at present. Now the fogs are easy enough to wire up as it's already there, just wondering if there's anything there to make headlamp washers work or if not, is it relatively easy to rig something up?

Helz said:
In a related question, I'm having my plain SX bumper changed for an ELX one with foglamps and washers at present. Now the fogs are easy enough to wire up as it's already there, just wondering if there's anything there to make headlamp washers work or if not, is it relatively easy to rig something up?

You can try to find the washer tank of the ELX version that has the headlight washers but only when you turn on the lights or you can make it work when you turn on the window washers by cutting the window washer bowel and making it longer for the headlight washers. If you understood me..,

Helz since when did Fiat leave the wiring already there? All SX's have part of the wiring, theres a piece missing between the two foglights. This bit of wiring only get power to the front of the car, the rest you need to buy.

In regards to the headlamp washers. Well you will need the windscreen washer bottle, as it contains two motors, again, you may need to do some rewiring as the wires will not be there for the second motor, then you will need all the pipework that goes to these headlamp washers, aswell as the headlamp washers themselves.

Would of been alot easier and cheaper to buy a HLX in the first place. An ELX is for the Brava.

Joske

Back