Technical Headlight help needed

Currently reading:
Technical Headlight help needed

Hi,

I've just bought some replacement bulbs for my Evo. The DRL's are easy to replace but the main/dipped looks a little more complicated. Before I start pulling things about has anyone got any tips or a guide for this?

Thanks.

Hi David, Ive changed mines twice now as Ive had two punto evo's. The 1.4 77hp one was easy as there was plenty of space, my Sporting was a different story, the engine bay is so compact no matter what you do your going to get some sore knuckles.

I know you have an Abarth so I assume that will be just as compact as the Sporting or possibly more so. The side lights are simple, you just pull on them, held in by suction! Head lights are tougher, what I did was get the plug off the bulb first, can be tricky but have to keep pulling and wiggling at it, will eventually loosen off. Then there is a sort of spring latch thing at the top of the bulb, you can feel for it, all you do is push this in towards the center of the bulb and pull it backwards away and it will release, pull bulb out, put the new bulb in, making sure you line it up properly and then just do the same with the latch, bring it up and hook it back into place to hold the bulb in, it's a case of just sticking the plug back onto the back of the light, it's really awkward but certainly not hard!

Back