Technical Airbag module no communication...... help needed

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag module no communication...... help needed

Genesius

Hi all,

After first posted here over a year ago regarding airbag/BCM issues i have managed to do zero work on the car. its now sat outside due to needing the airbag fixed for the mot.

I have bought multiecuscan as recommened and i have a OBD module and yellow cable.

I can see all of the modules except the airbag module. Doing the Proxi realign stopped the milage flashing but did nothing to the airbags. I cant see the module and the lights are still on.

See photos.

Car was crash damaged, and repaired by teh previous owner, airbag module was sent off to have crash data reset and tahts all i know. Looks like the module is dead?

Any suggestions on what i do now and how to fix this issue? can i test it in any way?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Hello,

That looks similar to me:

Of course the airbag module can be damaged (it happens, especially when playing with battery / seats removal), but first of all I'd try to check for continuity on the cables leading to the module. It has to be handled with special care.

On the ducato there is a special procedure of disconnecting the battery - check if there isn't one for the punto evo, too.

Fiats are also known of having rotten earth cables. And check for the battery - MES shows 12,3 V which is a just below the nominal voltage. It should be OK, but could if you have some bad connection, more resistance can lead to a lower voltage powering the module.

Hello,

That looks similar to me:

Of course the airbag module can be damaged (it happens, especially when playing with battery / seats removal), but first of all I'd try to check for continuity on the cables leading to the module. It has to be handled with special care.

On the ducato there is a special procedure of disconnecting the battery - check if there isn't one for the punto evo, too.

Fiats are also known of having rotten earth cables. And check for the battery - MES shows 12,3 V which is a just below the nominal voltage. It should be OK, but could if you have some bad connection, more resistance can lead to a lower voltage powering the module.
Voltage is low because it’s not being driven and I’ve had it open and on while working in there. It’s a new battery about a month ago.

Back