Technical Head gasket

Currently reading:
Technical Head gasket

Hi all ok soz i was doing it wrong :eek: i was filling the water to the max line then just opening the rad screw on top and i run the car to temp and no water was coming out at all i had a small splat when the stat opened but that was it but i do have hot air now (y) but still gurgling round the system so must be doing it wrong :(

So i need to fill the coolant bottle to the very top take of the rad screw and run the car till the water flows out of there and once the level has gone back down to max then put the rad screw back on and turn the car of wait for it to cool down and check the water level :eek:

when doing this do i keep the coolant cap of or put it on???

thanks again every one

Hi all ok soz i was doing it wrong :eek: i was filling the water to the max line then just opening the rad screw on top and i run the car to temp and no water was coming out at all i had a small splat when the stat opened but that was it but i do have hot air now (y) but still gurgling round the system so must be doing it wrong :(

So i need to fill the coolant bottle to the very top take of the rad screw and run the car till the water flows out of there and once the level has gone back down to max then put the rad screw back on and turn the car of wait for it to cool down and check the water level :eek:

when doing this do i keep the coolant cap of or put it on???

thanks again every one

you was lucky you was not scalded,
Bleed it whilst engine is cool,

as isaid earlier..use a coke bottle..fill the rad right to the top then fill the coke bottle..then open bleeders,
once water is gushing out close them and then use the radiator one to loose the excess,

Hi all just a quick update car went for m.o.t not good lol when i got there i told then the abs light was on and could they do that before the m.o.t yes they said then they told me that the abs was on due to a sensor so i asked them to change it for the m.o.t £130 later then a phone call they tell me the abs is still on and now they think its the bearing ( i dont get why they put it in for m.o.t if the abs was still on as they now that's a fail)and it needs some welding which a friend has done for me :) which he wasn't to happy as he found that they had put a screw drive through most of the areas they said needed welding. they said that one of the shocks was leaking badly took it of had it checked guess what nothing wrong with it at all :confused: and he had put on the m.o.t that the 4 places that needed welding were on the passenger side when we looked under the car he had choked them up on the driver side of the car so once again confused and the best one he failed it on was covers over both outer sills. to me that's the side skirts im guessing and there in mint condition. so im guessing the block was having a bad day lol

i' wouid report it,

ithink the days of them using screwdrivers and such things are gone,
all ive seen these day's is small tapping hammers made of hard plastic
also a metal thing as thin as a ice pick,

Mot testers dont all sing from the same hym book these day's
id report it..and let them look over what they have failed,

Back