General Hazard switch

Currently reading:
General Hazard switch

Pressed the hazard button to hard and it has fallen inside. Had to disconnect wiring to try and get it out and it dropped out of sight. Can I get into internals without removing much and if I cant is a new swich easy sourced.

Hi,

Had a similar problem with the switch on the other side.

https://www.fiatforum.com/croma-ii/338865-lost-my-button-through-hole.html

It's possible to remove the whole plastic bit that houses the switch and delve into the cavity to try and retrieve the switch. It should just pop back in. If you can't reach it, you'll need to get the side carpeted panels away and go in sideways. I assume the switch is still attached to cable?

Good Luck!

Regards

Gary

I assume the switch is still attached to cable?

No. He said in his original post that he detached the switch from the cable and accidentally dropped it into the abyss.

Another suggestion is to try one of those strong telescopic magnets for retrieving items. There my be just enough metal terminal material to allow the switch to be lifted once found.

Failing that a 5mm to 10mm flexible hose attached to a vacuum cleaner. On full suck just waft and up/down stab the hose wherever you can get it to.

Also have a look under the car and gently squeeze the rubber gaiter at the bottom of the gear lever linkage.

Hi,

I used one of those thingies that oldens use to pick things up.

It just about fits into the abyss. However, it was so fiddly I ended up removing the carpeted panel from the passenger side of the console and was able to get to it that way.

Regards

Gary

Back