Technical Hazard switch bust

Currently reading:
Technical Hazard switch bust

2bakedbeans

Having pressed the hazard light switch far too hard, its sunk into the hole. Just read posts on how to though so will try first.
hazard warning button.jpg

I had this happen on an MOT. To reset remove the gear leaver gaiter and you can push the button back in place.
Thanks for that. Is there any 'technique' for removing the gaiter? Only I don't want to break any clips or mountings doing so and make matters even worse. Ta.

As I recall you just press the gaiter inwards so you can get your fingers around an into / under the outer support ring and then fleel for the tabs. The tabs I think are two front, two back. Also I can't recall but I think the gaiter has a velcro opening that you can undo and get your fingers insdie instead of the top down approach.

All from memory which fades every day :)

As I recall you just press the gaiter inwards so you can get your fingers around an into / under the outer support ring and then fleel for the tabs. The tabs I think are two front, two back. Also I can't recall but I think the gaiter has a velcro opening that you can undo and get your fingers insdie instead of the top down approach.

Thanks I'll try it. Memory? I know the feeling!

Thanks s130, I finally got around to fixing the switch. The gaiter trim does indeed have tow tabs front and rear, easy to move and pull up around gearstick. Fiddly to get fingers to the switch but I've got small hands and managed to do the whole job in less than 3 minutes! All fine now.

Now the power steering has started to play up intermittently, but quite frightening when it suddenly goes off. Booked it in for investigaton as there are some mechanical noise coming the front end too...

Back