has this idea gone out the window???

Currently reading:
has this idea gone out the window???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve C said:
There are to many Fiat owners clubs as it is. The Fiat Motor Club GB is the official one, but then you have break off clubs associated with it and then all the clubs that aren't. There are also to many Fiat forums. If everyone pulled together then a single club could be huge.

If this is true, I honestly do'nt know to much about this, then it is even more disapointing the showing that Fiat owners put up at car shows and maybe our doing something will start the ball rolling.

Steve

I admire your optimism, and I'm not having a go. If the forum wishes to go ahead with the idea then so be it, good luck and I hope it takes off.

I think the reason this hasn't all become one big Fiat club thing is demonstrated by many people on here, me included. I'm already in an owner's club for each of my cars, and support them. There are many on here who don't wish to join the owner's club for their car, if I dare say they are the main driving force behind this idea.

Perhaps those already in an owner's club / cruise group etc. and not on the FF might not wish to join in with the Fiat Forum for the same reasons that those on here don't wish to join in with them instead.

Just something I was thinking about, not knocking anyone for trying.

Steve C said:
There are to many Fiat owners clubs as it is. The Fiat Motor Club GB is the official one, but then you have break off clubs associated with it and then all the clubs that aren't. There are also to many Fiat forums. If everyone pulled together then a single club could be huge.

If FF can succeed where the Fiat Motor Club GB couldn't then i wish it all the very best. As for them being 'official' i am not sure what you mean by that? They are not supported by FIAT GB and haven't been for many years. I won't go into all the history...

Owners clubs have a habit of evolving, you have only got to look at the Alfa Owners clubs - there are now at least five!

If u guys are really serious than you need to get together and chat to some of the other clubs chairmen/officers about it - perhaps then it will become clear exactly how much you are taking on. Again good luck!

BTW if u want a banner and stickers doing i can recommend Signwerx on 01452 729909

Maybe if i put my view here, regardless of what everyone else says:

Why would "I" want a stand at a car show. To promote this website of course, get the name out a bit. Not to compete with any club. To say you hold loyalty to a club I don't understand, it's not about loyalty, just about promoting this website (which you all use ;))... simple :D

Succeed where the FMCGB couldn't? I don't quite understand this. For the FF to suceed is just to keep the members here and exchanging ideas, which i think we do. That comment implies in someway we are now competing against them...?

I apreciate some people have their owners clubs, but to turn your back on FF is quite sad really.... do you not feel this site is of any worth to you? Should you not have some loyalties for us here?

Everyone talks about owners clubs being shut by us, however what if it was the other way around? Would you be happy for FF to shut down?

As far as I see it, being at a car show would be a nice way to meet a load of members from here + gain some new ones at the same time. There need be no rivalry, it just feels a bit bitter at the moment :(

ben said:
Maybe if i put my view here, regardless of what everyone else says:

Why would "I" want a stand at a car show. To promote this website of course, get the name out a bit. Not to compete with any club. To say you hold loyalty to a club I don't understand, it's not about loyalty, just about promoting this website (which you all use ;))... simple :D

Succeed where the FMCGB couldn't? I don't quite understand this. For the FF to suceed is just to keep the members here and exchanging ideas, which i think we do. That comment implies in someway we are now competing against them...?

I apreciate some people have their owners clubs, but to turn your back on FF is quite sad really.... do you not feel this site is of any worth to you? Should you not have some loyalties for us here?

Everyone talks about owners clubs being shut by us, however what if it was the other way around? Would you be happy for FF to shut down?

As far as I see it, being at a car show would be a nice way to meet a load of members from here + gain some new ones at the same time. There need be no rivalry, it just feels a bit bitter at the moment :(

Agree with everything you said(y)

I am at a complete loss to understand why club members are so against the idea,clubs compete for membership all the time, look at the Punto clubs, and we are not a club we offer no club benefits discounts etc. We are like the local pub open for everyone compared to a works social club, people decide where they want to go.

My own feeling is that a events team be put in place to organize and gage the response of the people on the forum.

Sorry to appear forward but I think this thread has been around the block a few times and shows no signs of stopping:)

Steve

Ben,

I really dont want to go around in circles on this one. If you see uit as advertising YOUR website that will have a huge effect on the BOO website.

As you are aware we have a fair bit of traffic going through the Bravo forum at the moment and getting a some nice advertising deals because of it. With a lot of advertising of YOUR website at these events could prevent a little traffic coming through OUR website and obviously affecting our traffic and then our sponsors.

As you are aware hits and visits play a huge part in websites. This is one of the main reasons I did not want to GIVE you the Bravo forum. I'm sorry to bring this public Ben after our recent emails but you can surely see why I did not want to GIVE you all our hits.

For anyone who is confused at this point, Ben offered to take on our Bravo Forum and mirror it in the Bravo Section in the Fiat Forum. I declined as we would lose a lot of our advertising revenue as well as me losing full control over the site. Ben kindly explained that I could still have control over the banners in that section. However, would a company want to advertise in one section of a forum when they could probably get most of the forum at a similar price? I think not. FF would GAIN a hell of a lot more visitors, hits and more advertising. BOO would gain nothing. Yet Ben could not understand why I did not want to go ahead with this.

This came about at the wrong time for me. FF both wanting our forum and visitors as well as setting up a stand in order to advertise more in our prescence.

Enough is enough for me. Rant over

I have to stop you here...

wimmy said:
This came about at the wrong time for me. FF both wanting our forum and visitors as well as setting up a stand in order to advertise more in our prescence.

No, I offered you the chance to integrate here, saving yourself hosting money and giving your club all the features of the FF for nothing.... (including ME PAYING someone else to code you a management system to modify any part of the design you liked without my intervention).

I find your post insulting.

Insulting?

I'm sorry if came across that way - it wasnt supposed to. All I'm trying to do is to try and explain why I am probably more upset than most at the current events.

"I offered you the chance to integrate here, saving yourself hosting money and giving your club all the features of the FF for nothing.... (including ME PAYING someone else to code you a management system to modify any part of the design you liked without my intervention)."

Paying to code a new management system - would be for your gain only.

We would save £100 a year in hosting money

We would possibly lose:
£300 a year in advertising money
20 Brand new fully paid members each year due to the current forum being ranked highly on search engines
Absolute control of the forum to a non BOO member
All our hits which acts as a great selling tool when trying to get new sponsors (250,000 page views)

So in all I reckon we wouild lose out on £300 a year and rising if you were to do us this favour.

This forum was originally set up as an alternative to the bravo forum (just like Pepsi is an alternative to Coca Cola). Some would call it direct competition.

Remember this post? http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=15639&messageid=1016198284

As stated on there, most people will use either or and very rarely both (like myself). We have a few BOO members that dont use our forum but frequently post on here. That, to us is lost traffic. THe more Bravo/a and Marea Owners here directly affects our forum and consequently THE OWNERS CLUB

After all of his you find my post insulting? Taking over our forum completely for free definately insulted me.

Lets turn the tables.

Here's a suggestion. Why not direct all your Bravo/a and Marea sections to the Bravo Forum?

Doesnt work does it.

I dont want to start a personal war here. It aint my style as I rarely lose my head over things. As stated above, I just want to let people know why I'm a little more pissed off than others about the whole thing.

I would prefer us to work together in some way as I have gained a lot of friends from this forum (and a stalker, lol) but taking over and competing (or should I say setting up an alternative) doesnt really help us.

I hpe finally that anyone who could actually be arsed reading all of this long winded post can eventually see our point of view.

Thank you and goodnight

No please carry on I think forum wars are what makes it all interesting!

Seriously though having read it all I can see both your points, but since Wimmy isn't interested in the offer what's the problem now, surely we can all just carry on as before?!

this is what i've said before. What's stopping you? We're against it, so what?! I find it amusing that there was all that debate for you fighting for this and then nothing has come of it!

surfin_fella said:
this is what i've said before. What's stopping you? We're against it, so what?! I find it amusing that there was all that debate for you fighting for this and then nothing has come of it!
and how do you know nothing has come of it :confused: in fact i am working on it now like i posted before!!!!!! so you dont need to be amused :)

sammiboo said:
and how do you know nothing has come of it :confused: in fact i am working on it now like i posted before!!!!!! so you dont need to be amused :)

Would it not be better if everyone was told what is happening?

As all the posts today still seem to be about wether it will happen or not!

If is going ahead great lets get going:D if not let us know :( either way it should stop all the bickering.(y)

Steve

hmmm... think i missed all this lol.

i think a fiat forum stand is a good idea... i dont really wanna read the 300odd posts on this thread but im sure its been said that for all of us that arent in clubs but come here like clockwork, its somewhere for us to go.

I personaly dont see it as that people would find it hard to choose who they go under to a show.. or that they would feel disloyal to there club. i think thats pathetic.

The fiat forum is a free site and hopefully it will stay that way. if you have joined and payed for a club then goto a show under that name. thats why you spent your money.

If i was to goto a show, ide have nowhere to go becuase im not in an owners organisation etc. im just me with my cinq. but I come on here alot and ive got fiat forum stickers and so ide go park near that banner. simple as that. Stanford hall is the first show ill be taking my cinq to and it would be nice if I could go as part of something but i dont really want to join a club as I probably wouldnt attend any of the othe events or take advantage of what the club has to offer etc.

no need to get your knickers in a twist over this guys. all this talk about people leaving the forum is rediculous. its just a forum afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back