Technical Has anyone noticed....

Currently reading:
Technical Has anyone noticed....

When cornering in winter, (and the car is lovely and warm inside) if you have your hand on the gear stick, you get a blast of cold air in that area?

Only noticed this on extreme 90 degree type turns but none the less it worries me.

If no-one has experienced this do you know what the fault is?

Big Black Stilo said:
When cornering in winter, (and the car is lovely and warm inside) if you have your hand on the gear stick, you get a blast of cold air in that area?

Only noticed this on extreme 90 degree type turns but none the less it worries me.

If no-one has experienced this do you know what the fault is?

Ive noticed this in all the cars ive driven, be it Fiat or Rover. its just the shift of air thats still cold in an area of the car. Usualy for the first 10 mins or so while the cars interior area hasnt fully been heated up in every area and the gear box area doesnt really have any heating around it

This happens to me on more or less every corner which i take at quicker thann 30mph when its cold outside. also the draft that blows through the door handles is really bad when theres a side wind, so my left hand gets cold on the gear stick and my right gets cold from the draft through the door handle. lol. i will have to buy some stilo gloves

Last edited:
Back