Technical Abarth Stilo 2004 engine has seized

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth Stilo 2004 engine has seized

Cocojo

Sadly my lovely Stilo is no longer with me. It's just not worth an engine replacement. The car is mint. 70k and a fair amount of work done. What are the options? I would like to aim for the most profitable option. Thank you 🙏

Sadly my lovely Stilo is no longer with me. It's just not worth an engine replacement. The car is mint. 70k and a fair amount of work done. What are the options? I would like to aim for the most profitable option. Thank you 🙏
Well can you describe how the engine seized? Low oil or cambelt broke?

You know the way it is, this car can be worth something in this day and age. You can't get a better car at the cost of fixing the engine though.

Hi :)

Selling with a full description of work needed might mean an enthusiast will take it on..

So: what happened.. what does it now need?

Obvious options are :-

1. Have it repaired
2. Repair it yourself
3. Sell it as a non runner
4. Sell what parts you can, and scrap the rest
5. Sell it to a scrapper
6. Leave it on the drive for 2 years with the good intentions of doing something, and then sell it to a scrapper.

Options 3 and 4 are liable to be the most profitable.

I would repair it, Better the devil you know and all that. Or if not see if you can sell it as a non runner.

Back