General Has anyone here used Denitto Classics?

Currently reading:
General Has anyone here used Denitto Classics?

smart51

Established member
I've been scouring the classifieds for a few weeks looking to see what's available. There are about 50 cars for sale in the UK, none of which are exactly what I'm looking for. I've just stumbled on Denitto Classics in Italy. They will source a car for you and totally renovate it. You choose the model, interior and exterior colour and they'll ship it to your door. They're quoting £8267 plus options, and no doubt plus shipping. That puts them pretty much mid table price wise, for a car that's as close to new as you'll get. Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? So what are they like?

I've been scouring the classifieds for a few weeks looking to see what's available. There are about 50 cars for sale in the UK, none of which are exactly what I'm looking for. I've just stumbled on Denitto Classics in Italy. They will source a car for you and totally renovate it. You choose the model, interior and exterior colour and they'll ship it to your door. They're quoting £8267 plus options, and no doubt plus shipping. That puts them pretty much mid table price wise, for a car that's as close to new as you'll get. Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? So what are they like?
I have not heard of "Denitto Classics", so all I can say is be VERY, VERY careful! There are a great number of "fully restored" cars coming out of Italy which are, to put none too fine a point on it, a lot of c##p.They are what used to be called "front gate warranty" cars---once you have got out of the gate in one piece, you are on you own. I have a colleague down it Somerset who can show you pictures of some of the 'fully restored' cars that he has had to contend with---some were not even safe to drive, yet had been sold as 'fully restored'. One car was so bad that he involved the police who took it off the road! If you would like to contact me direct, I an pass on my friends contact details to you, he may have heard of them and/or can find out a bit about the Company. Think about it---ask anybody in the UK what it would cost to do what they are claiming to be able to do for what is quite a cheap price!

Plenty of Facebook group page members are reporting bad dealings with Denito; some have placed hefty deposits and not received cars, others have received poor quality restorations with a number of issues regarding ongoing reliability and safety. Buying a restored car at distance is a minefield, and best avoided unless you know exactly what to look out for. Much better to seek a slightly tired and crusty example and spend the money saved restoring it to a high standard.

This is a picture of a car for sale in the UK that was restored by Denitto Classics. I'm not the best spay painter by a long way, but I wouldn't let this go.

1684312352668.png

This is a picture of a car for sale in the UK that was restored by Denitto Classics. I'm not the best spay painter by a long way, but I wouldn't let this go.

View attachment 422825
That's awful. Also, do I see some cracking and rust breakthrough just above the sill drain ahead of the jacking point?! I would have serious doubts over the structural integrity if that's the attention to detail that has been given to the final finish.

Beware of what lies beneath a glossy exterior. Don't ask me how I know! 😅
View attachment 422831
As I said before---be VERY, VERY careful with regard to these 'full restorations'---and I agree, if this is the quality of their paintwork that they are prepared to hand over to the customer, what is the quality of their work that you CAN'T see?

I bought mine from Denitto. It was a 695 recreation that he was selling on behalf of a customer and apart from a long nail biting wait for the car to arrive, everything went pretty well. I have heard some very happy customers and others have had issues so it seems a bit hit and miss. Would I buy from him again? Probably not to be honest, its a risk you take!

Do not touch them with a barge poll. Have been waiting for 3 years for refund. Keep promising then never respond to communications. Gabriele is basically just a crook I am afraid. So I would strongly advise to stay away

I can't comment from personal experience but FYI I belong to the Museo della 500 sui Nebrodi (small museum + club in Sicily) - Affari Sbullonati is one of their affiliated/recommended suppliers and I've seen several good reports of their work from fellow members on the members' WhatsApp group.

Back