General fuel pump breather cap. Has anyone installed one?

Currently reading:
General fuel pump breather cap. Has anyone installed one?

Alex74D

I can't seem to find not a single picture or video of one installed. I know how the cap is installed on the engine block side but how is the other end vented? Is it being ran back into the valve cover?

Hi Alex, I have fitted the same to my engine, along with the rocker box vent I have simply piped them to a large oil catch can which incorporates a gas vent. The crankcase fitting is self made. After much thought and research I'm of the opinion the these engines can suffer high crankcase pressure as the pistons descend on the stroke especially at high rpm, much in the same way the original Mini does in high tune trim.
Ian.
IMG_1272.JPG

Hi Alex, I have fitted the same to my engine, along with the rocker box vent I have simply piped them to a large oil catch can which incorporates a gas vent. The crankcase fitting is self made. After much thought and research I'm of the opinion the these engines can suffer high crankcase pressure as the pistons descend on the stroke especially at high rpm, much in the same way the original Mini does in high tune trim.
Ian.View attachment 420282
This is exactly the set up i would like to put in. Can i ask what hoses you used? I was looking on auto silicone hoses the other day and could find any red oil hoses.

Hi Jonathan, I cannot recall what type of hoses I have used, but they did indeed come from ASH and to tell the truth I don't think I used specific 'oil' rated items. The vent system is only dealing with air/oil mist and not a full-on oil delivery/scavenge use, the silicone hoses I have used have not shown deterioration in the use I have put them to and the cost is far lower. I have also used a AN-12 Hose Clamp (not shown in pic) between both tubes to add support at the catch can end. If you need any info on the parts I have used pm me.
Ian.

Back