Technical What goes here?

Currently reading:
Technical What goes here?

This is a photo of my thermostat housing. The arrow points to something I seem to be missing. Maybe a bushing or something where the "flap pin" rotates the housing. Is there a bushing that goes in here and more importantly, how do I keep it in?

Attachments

• 20240125_163100.jpg
    20240125_163100.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
This is a photo of my thermostat housing. The arrow points to something I seem to be missing. Maybe a bushing or something where the "flap pin" rotates the housing. Is there a bushing that goes in here and more importantly, how do I keep it in?
Yes, there should be a bushing that stays in by friction. I can only find it in a kit:

Thanks for the link Peter. The "fin axle" ( as Axel G calls it ) in the catalogue photo appears to be threaded at both ends, whereas mine is threaded only on on the spring end. It looks like the bushing is then threaded on, too. A much better design IMHO.

I had a similar situation and after a measure up I purchased a couple of 8x12mm oilite bushes with a 16mm flange which goes on the inside. You should be able to get them from an engineers supplier quite cheaply. The spring return mechanism is slightly different between the 500 and the 126 but the bushes are the same.

Back