General has anyone bought a gucci

Currently reading:
General has anyone bought a gucci

Can across this car yesterday. Foreign reg plate. The 'glittery' black is the same as the Crossover Black metallic that I had on a 'standard' 500. Seats inside appeared to have a white fabric on the middle part of the seats - it might explain the seat covers. The Lounge interior would probably be a doddle to keep clean compared to these. Strip is matt and wasn't as loud as I expected. OH was not as impressed with it as she thought she would. I would expect that the 'glittery' white is just a metallic white as opposed to a pearlescent.

Attachments

• Gucci 1.JPG
    Gucci 1.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 14
  • Gucci 2.JPG
    Gucci 2.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Gucci 3.JPG
    Gucci 3.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Gucci 4.JPG
    Gucci 4.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 18
Can across this car yesterday. Foreign reg plate. The 'glittery' black is the same as the Crossover Black metallic that I had on a 'standard' 500. ... I would expect that the 'glittery' white is just a metallic white as opposed to a pearlescent.

When you look at the paint in person it does have glitter running through it and it is noticable. It's not just a metalic finish.

When you look at the paint in person it does have glitter running through it and it is noticable. It's not just a metalic finish.

I don't doubt that. In the showroom with the Gucci all polished up it should be possible to see the 'glass beads' which have supposedly been added. I just couldn't see them with the grim on the paintwork.

Did find a better description of the paintwork 'Metallic Paint - Black Lux Pearl' and the clue is in the description as to why some confused the finish with Pearlescent.
http://mobile.fiat.co.uk/showroom/500C/4.aspx?emvcc=-3

I looked through the photos on the FIAT website and loved it - luckily it's not available to NZ. I particularly liked the seatbelts and the white seat material. Problem would be, the car would always be better dressed than me...

I spotted another behind me last week in Coventry city centre, interestingly male driving and female in passenger seat ... which seemed wrong to me ;)

Yeah - you were thinking male driver, male in passenger seat? Maybe look closely? :D

-Alex

I'm going to the dealer in a couple of hours to get them to replace a defective door handle, I'll snap some iPhone pics of the Gucci they haveparked in their showroom.

Once you've bought your Gucci 500, you might want to buy one of these :eek: for taking pictures of it.

From that article: "The Leica M9-P ‘Edition Hermès’ – Série Limitée Jean-Louis Dumas is scheduled to be available in the UK from June 2012, at a UK suggested retail price of £36,000 inc VAT."

£36,000 for a pocket camera - well I suppose they must think someone will buy it.

Last edited:
when i picked up my abarth there was 2 in the showroom and 1 just been sold this was 2 months ago now i also have a few pics on my fone if youd like them up let me know

Last edited:
when i picked up my abarth there was 2 in the showroom and 1 just been sold this was 2 months ago now i also have a few pics on my fone if youd like them up let me know

I got to 2 see 2 Guccis in the flesh in a specially dedicated showroom last week and was impressed with the interior on the white one. The black one was locked up and it was probably because of the hard to clean white seats.

I would be interested in seeing your pictures since the ones I have are from a 3Gs which aren't up to much.

Last edited:
I've seen both in the flesh - a white convertible I see most days and TBH it mostly just looks white except that the exterior stripes are too big and dominate the car. The wheels also look a b@gger to clean too! I saw a black one in the showroom when we collected our car 4 weeks ago and it is sparkly but the interiors are way too gaudy for my liking - I suppose if you have a predilection for overpriced, flashy designer handbags / shoes and a tiny dog in a diamante collar it may be just the car for you.........

I got to 2 see 2 Guccis in the flesh in a specially dedicated showroom last week and was impressed with the interior on the white one. The black one was locked up and it was probably because of the hard to clean white seats.

I would be interested in seeing your pictures since the ones I have are from a 3Gs which aren't up to much.
Well the 1 I have is black so will upload when I finish work at 6am;-)

I've seen both in the flesh - a white convertible I see most days and TBH it mostly just looks white except that the exterior stripes are too big and dominate the car. The wheels also look a b@gger to clean too! I saw a black one in the showroom when we collected our car 4 weeks ago and it is sparkly but the interiors are way too gaudy for my liking - I suppose if you have a predilection for overpriced, flashy designer handbags / shoes and a tiny dog in a diamante collar it may be just the car for you.........

Like most designer stuff, I'd worry about the practicality - both wheels & seats look very fragile to me. There aren't many mechanics I'd trust with that car & somehow I don't think the person who buys one is going to be much into DIY servicing.

But then, you don't buy a pair of Gucci shoes to scramble up a mountain.

The black one is definitely better, but like JR I would worry about the durability of the interior. It's the price however that I find shocking. If you spec a lounge up to the same spec ie Funk White paint, leather, 16" wheels and ACC it comes in at £13330 whereas the by Gucci is over £1500 more at £14860 for basically some stripes, quilty seats and a few badges????

Well the 1 I have is black so will upload when I finish work at 6am;-)

Thanks for that. I didn't have a close up of the interior of the black one since they left the car locked and didn't have the keys.:rolleyes:

Like most designer stuff, I'd worry about the practicality - both wheels & seats look very fragile to me. There aren't many mechanics I'd trust with that car & somehow I don't think the person who buys one is going to be much into DIY servicing.

But then, you don't buy a pair of Gucci shoes to scramble up a mountain.

Wheels on the black are the same as the ones on the 500c but both sets would be difficult to refurbish. Interior on the white one felt great and had that stitch across the base. The black interior with the white 'insides' could be very difficult to maintain. On a previous posting there was an owner with seat covers to keep it clean !

The black one is definitely better, but like JR I would worry about the durability of the interior. It's the price however that I find shocking. If you spec a lounge up to the same spec ie Funk White paint, leather, 16" wheels and ACC it comes in at £13330 whereas the by Gucci is over £1500 more at £14860 for basically some stripes, quilty seats and a few badges????

I asked the guy in the 'display' showroom (cars were not sold from here) which sold the best and he said the white one. The interior of the white one is impressive and does not feel guady when you're inside. The leather feels a higher quality than the red leather I had before. If I got one I would take off the stripe and replace the mirror covers with painted ones. The metallic white is quite similar to the Pealescent white but it could be a very difficult paint to match since I couldn't really make out what it was. The black was very similar to the Crossover Metallic black that I had but had a bit more sparkle. I felt that the black was more dated with the chrome whilst the white one was more in vogue with the satin bits.

In comparing prices remember that the Gucci has no glass roof.

Attachments

• IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    965.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1507.JPG
    IMG_1507.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1512.JPG
    IMG_1512.JPG
    912.3 KB · Views: 16
In comparing prices remember that the Gucci has no glass roof.[/QUOTE]

Which makes it even poorer value in comparison, it would have to be really good leather to justify an £1800 premium over the standard leather.

In comparing prices remember that the Gucci has no glass roof.

Which makes it even poorer value in comparison, it would have to be really good leather to justify an £1800 premium over the standard leather.[/QUOTE]

Well, it couldn't be any worse than the leather that comes on 500's......

Back