Technical Hand brake light keeps coming on when accelerating, HELP

Currently reading:
Technical Hand brake light keeps coming on when accelerating, HELP

Hodson03

My hand brake light keeps coming on when accelerating in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear, any ideas. The car has been repaired 3 times now & after about 2 months it comes on again. I'm a bit worried because it says in the hand book that you shouldn't drive it with this light on.

Any help would be great, thanks :)

Brake fluid light comes on when pads are low, top up the dot see if it goes away. Its hard Ive found to spot exactly WHAT light pops on when this happens, it looks like the handbrake is on.

Dave.

polecat said:
You can also check to see if a brake pad wire has come loose and is swinging about.

i see ur point but how come it only comes on in gear 1-3 & not the rest, even if i drive really steady, something else though is after the second time it had been fixed i left it a bit longer before i had it fixed & it started coming on in 4-5 gear, bit worried

i will let u all know when i get my car bck from the garrage on tuesday i hope....

the garage have replaced the master head cilinder, it was leaking or something

The problem happend again, they had to replace the hole braking system, they they found that the stearing system needed also replacing, was a bit annoyed cause the car is nearly new!!!

Back