hammerite on my paintwork

Currently reading:
hammerite on my paintwork

I wouldn't go rubbing it with thinners if I was you! Unless you really know what you're doing.

There's a fair chance it'll fetch off the rest of the paint/lacquer too... if not fetch it off it'll damage it, thinners in the wrong hands is dangerous stuff! That's why it's called paint 'thinners', 'cause it thins the paint. In other words it breaks it down chemically.

The Hammerite stuff is pretty arduous stuff as well, be careful.

Daz.

I wouldn't go rubbing it with thinners if I was you! Unless you really know what you're doing.

There's a fair chance it'll fetch off the rest of the paint/lacquer too... if not fetch it off it'll damage it, thinners in the wrong hands is dangerous stuff! That's why it's called paint 'thinners', 'cause it thins the paint. In other words it breaks it down chemically.

The Hammerite stuff is pretty arduous stuff as well, be careful.

Daz.

Should be fine on original paint.... I use thinners to pare back stone chip touch ups nb always check on an inconspicuous area first

Should be fine on original paint.... I use thinners to pare back stone chip touch ups nb always check on an inconspicuous area first

That's exactly my point Andy... you clearly know what you're doing, as do I. A bit of advice with the link might have been a better idea. If the OP isn't familiar with thinners it could end in tears. I just didn't want him to go rubbing panels willy-nilly and softening the lacquer or worse going through. (y)

Daz.

Back