Sheep dip my car..

Currently reading:
Sheep dip my car..

While my beast is new and everything is still relatively spotless, I fancy waxing the underneath with that Lanoguard wax stuff. I think it's made from sheep pi5s and wool oil or something... and seems to spray on reasonably clear (slightly yellow) so it won't look like a 1970's MOT prep' (aka "cover everything in underseal").

I was prompted by recently changing some wishbone arms, Track Rod Ends and an exhaust... where the old cars in question had varying degrees of corrosion on their subframes, exposed bolt threads etc. and even the inner nooks of floor panel sections. It seemed to me that waxing it up before it gets scruffy might be a better idea than doing it later when it's just to prevent things getting worse.

It all looks reasonably painless on the website... squirty bottle filled with the pee.. and just do an 'Enry ("splash it all over"... ask your dad).

On the other hand... I also have an aerosol of Bilt Hamber S50... and it strikes me that it must be the same sort of thing. I previously used some K2 product.. again, an aerosol yellowy wax. There must be other products out there too.

Has anyone got experience of the Lanoguard *and* any other product like these aerosol waxes, to confirm which seems better/easier/more durable etc.? I intend to just spray the subframes, some body nooks/seams and various other black brackets (the sort that always rust instantly) rather than the whole car underside.. (although once I start, who knows?). Ideally I'm looking for a non-sticky product that won't catch dust and grit etc.. so it has to be be dry to touch, once "cured".

I'm not going to poke inside any box sections or inject etc... just coat the underside/components.

Ralf S.

Back